Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: After reloading Windows XP, Wireless and DVD/CD player not working!  (Read 4694 times)

Earthyoga

After reloading Windows XP, my wireless feature and DVD/CD player are not working.  I have an Averatec 3200 series laptop, and tried getting drivers from there to help, but still haven't solved the problem.  Under Device Manager, there are two "Other Devices" which have no drivers installed still - Network Controller; PCI Simple Communications Controller.  The Audio and Video controllers were also listed there until I loaded two drivers for these from the Averatec website, but I'm still not sure if they were the right ones, as I can't find the complete "Part number" they request after the Series type, so I can't choose the right drivers and don't know exactly what would help for the "Network Controller" or the "PCI Communications Controller".  Do these have anything to do with the problem with the Wireless and/or DVD/CD player?  Or is there something else?  Basically, how can I fix this problem?  Thanks!  (P.S.  I don't have internet access with my laptop, so any solutions must allow me to download from another computer onto flashdrive, if that is necessary).

lil_falco

Re: After reloading Windows XP, Wireless and DVD/CD player not working!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 02:54:43 PM »
You need drivers. Identify which ones you need then use another computer to download the files and transfer them to your laptop.