Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Capture troubles :(  (Read 2148 times)

way2lazy

Video Capture troubles :(
« on: August 15, 2007, 10:26:06 PM »
Hello all,

I recently decided I wanted to try recording my console games on my PC, so I got a video capture card and I've come to a few issues. First, when I try to use WinTV, it just doesn't work. I'm not sure if I just don't know how to find the right source for it (I'm using component plugs not the other things). I tried using VLC, which worked fine for video, but I couldn't get the sound from the capture card, it would only take it from my microphone input. I don't really have a problem buying a different card if you know better ones, but I don't want to spend too much more than $80. I'd also really prefer an AV input, but that's more a convenience than anything.

Anyway, the second problem I have is that I want to be able to have it working on my TV and computer at the same time (I'd play on the TV while it records on the PC), and I have all the cords (2 extra sets of A/V cables), but I don't know how to get it split between the two sources. I got some y cables, but they are Male>female connectors, and I need 1 female split into 2 females.

Any help on either of these would be great, or if you have just better ideas that would be super too. Thanks much for your help!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:31:10 PM by way2lazy »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Video Capture troubles :(
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:20:25 PM »
Your link is not valid.  You can correct it by editing your post.

way2lazy

Re: Video Capture troubles :(
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »
Your link is not valid.  You can correct it by editing your post.

my bad :-p... it's fixed, but the card is a hauppage winTV-PVR 150 MCE if u dun wanna look.