Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Question about where to save my photos to from my floppy disk  (Read 2131 times)

liliesplace

Question about where to save my photos to from my floppy disk
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »
I have windows XP (emachines computer)I always had windows 98 on my compaq and had a software program from a previous camera that I saved my photos to. 

I use a different camera now that I bought used without the software,this camera uses a floppy 3 1/2 disk.

I go to my computer and open the disk by clicking on 3 1/2 floppy so I can view my photos,the photos go directly to the photoplus program. On windows 98 I did the same thing except when I clicked on a photo a browser would open and I right clicked the photo to "saveas" and it went right to the software I used for my previous camera. Which was fine cause I could save them and the pictures went to a photo program to view later.

Is there a program on windows xp that I can save my photos to or do I need to download a program from the download website?

Paintshop photo plus is a trial software that came with my printer,and I am not interested in buying it after the trial period. If windows XP doesn't have any program on it for me to save my pictures to, do you know of any free programs I can download to save my pictures to?

The Saviour

Re: Question about where to save my photos to from my floppy disk
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:58:11 AM »
If there isn't alredy, check your My Documents folder for another folder called My Pictures.  If there isn't a folder...create one and save all your photos there.

The only thing you really need to do is to associate a program already installed on your computer to handle those file types.

Your photos...can you tell us the file types?  Are they .jpg, or some other file type?

Windows XP has a program called Picture and Fax Viewer.  Just right click on your image and select Open With and then select Picture and Fax viewer...if it is installed on your system.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 10:05:59 AM »
All Windows XP systems have a Windows Picture and Fax Viewer that can be using for viewing pictures and running slide shows.  But, freeware programs are available and include Photobie, Paint.Net, and IrfanView.

liliesplace

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 11:11:46 AM »
TO:The Saviour and soybean:
Thank you for your reply,your help is greatly appreciated,I am getting this now,thanks! :)