Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NTLDR is missing  (Read 2976 times)

BKinslo77

NTLDR is missing
« on: August 20, 2007, 10:09:10 AM »
About 3 days ago, I booted up my computer and after the initial Dell startup, I got a message saying that NTLDR is missing, press ctrl alt del to restart. I have looked all over to find a solution to this, but have not yet found one. There were suggestions to people with a similar problem to insert the Windows XP CD and repair the file from the disk, but this did not work for me. It seems as if my CD-Rom drive is not reading the disk right because nothing happens when I insert the disk. As far as I know, my PC is not trying to boot from a non-bootable source. I did a diagnostic of my CD-ROM drive and it was not reading the media from any disk inserted. I do not know how to fix this problem. Can someone please help me?!?!?!

mundesley

Re: NTLDR is missing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »

BKinslo77

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:45:34 PM »
Thanks, but I found this before I posted the problem and it had no effect on the computer.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
    « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:59:36 PM »
    Remove any floppy disks or cd's from your computer and try again. Your computer is trying to boot from these drives

BKinslo77

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:28 PM »
    there was nothing in the drivesb

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 08:52:55 PM »

It seems as if my CD-Rom drive is not reading the disk right because nothing happens when I insert the disk.

Did you simply insert the disk or did you try to boot from it?  Is your cd a full version of XP or a recovery disk?  Have you checked that bios is set to boot from the cd first?

Details of your pc please, hardware setup etc..

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.