Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Skipping during videogames  (Read 5756 times)

Scooter90

Re: Skipping during videogames
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 06:24:33 PM »
Any advice is welcomed by me, but how do i do  a "video diagnostics" thing you were talking about?

Scooter90

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »
The problem still pursists here, and it seems to almost be worsening. I cleaned up my PC, i uninstalled the Halo trial, and tried a WWII flight simulator (IL2) that always worked perfectly fine before, and it still does the skipping thing.

But here's wierded, anyone played that "falling sand" game, it even skips on a game that simple. It does on an emulator too, for SNES i tried running Super Mario World (i own the actually copy, i just did this to test) and it not only skips, but the frame rate plumits too...

I don't know what to do, i've cleared my PC of hundreds of old files, uninstalled dozens of unused things, a Defrag, and cleanup has been run, as well as spyware and virus checks.

Someone out there has to know what to do, i'd ask microsoft directly but the jerks charge money for help (go figure...)

transporter

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »
    I believe ram is your problem. End even though its the trial of Halo... ITS STILL HALO. ;)

it's not the ram dude halo runs fine on my comp with 512mb
    i run 7 different screens with 7 different towers(SYNERGY)
    1. always test the ram
    2. switch graphics cards
    3. run your virus scans
    4. mix and match parts
    5. just because it was thrown out doesn't mean it's all bad
    somethings broken/They think it's slow(Reinstall windows)

transporter

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »
      OK i not very experience but i have to agree with the people that said it was the drivers... cuz something isn't working like it should... i would update ur drivers... to do this go to the manufacturer website i would go to ur graphics card manufactures website first. i think that the problem because urs is better then mine and mine runs halo fine. i really don't think it's the ram......
      i run 7 different screens with 7 different towers(SYNERGY)
      1. always test the ram
      2. switch graphics cards
      3. run your virus scans
      4. mix and match parts
      5. just because it was thrown out doesn't mean it's all bad
      somethings broken/They think it's slow(Reinstall windows)

Scooter90

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »
      Ok, 1 again, i uninstalled halo and cleaned my PC up a bit anyway, and can't even run simple FLASH GAMES...... well they run, but the skipping occurs... 2, i tried updating my drivers, i went to control panel -> System-> hardware -> Device Manager, and right clicked everything and hit "Update driver..." only one needed it, and it wasn't Graphic Card related.....that still didn't fix it....

This is driving me absolutely crazy, like out a window kill myself crazy! If no one knows, can someone at least direct me to someone who will?

Scooter90

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »
      ok little update, things are STILL happening, and i've updated the graphics card driver itself, straight from their site, i tried using "end it all" before playing a game to get it to work, no such luck.

and guess what, no it does this on photo editing software such as paint.NET....

i'm seriously lost here people, i'm thinking of backing up my important files on a disk, then just doing a factory restore.... anyone else got any better ideas?