Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange any Help?  (Read 1942 times)

Rooster

Strange any Help?
« on: August 21, 2007, 01:11:25 AM »
Ok,here's the deal, I put windows back on my computer after something or anthor  happened and I use a Linksys wireless network card to get internet off a computer that sits out in the living room,now I went on the site for Linksys because they have a self fix tool that will get all the drivers needed etc, ( I hooked my computer up to the LAN line in the living room)everything was set couple days go by and I decide to move it to a different room,so I do and when I turn it on it shows me the  found new hardware setup screen,for the network card ! so I shut it down take it back out to the LAN line and when I start it up it is acting fine,so then I'm thinking ok??? so I take it back in the room and it does it again , until I finally had too take it out there ,do it all again just in case and brought it back sat the computer up higher...and its been fine but I just shut it down because  of the heat it generates in the room , then turned it back on and boom did it again, I then restarted it and it was fine ??? ??? ??? ???

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Strange any Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:01:56 AM »
Your computer wireless link could possibly have
the AFDB syndrome.

Maybe you will need to find what is blocking the signal.

------->AFDB
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
  • Google
    Re: Strange any Help?
    « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 05:25:47 AM »
    The aerial is coated in Aluminium Solid Foil? Or is there a beanie on it?

Is the computer in question a laptop? What do you mean you get internet off a computer that sits in the living room? Sorry I don't follow the sentence structure.

If it's giving you the add new hardware screen for a wireless card then perhaps it was never installed correctly or was knocked out. Try downloading appropriate drivers / software and then removing the card and removing it from device manager. (Right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Networking stuff).
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
    ASUS Striker Extreme
    XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
    2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
    Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
    -