Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba laptop power problem  (Read 2704 times)

axeljoe

Toshiba laptop power problem
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:29:19 AM »
Hello!  I hope someone can help me.

I bought a laptop (Toshiba) in Canada, and have recent moved to Taiwan for work.  My laptop is second hand, and I'm not sure who had it before.  I bought it from a computer technician who got it from a third party.
Anyway, the computer refuses to charge its battery.  I plug it in, and nothing.  I can't get it to turn on.  I know ti's not a weird virus or anything.  It's just that the computer won't acknoweledge that there's a power supply hooked to it.
I've taken it to 3 different computer stores here in Taiwan, and they all tell me that they can't help me becuase the part that needs to be replaced must be bought in Canada. (The part is the thing that the power supply hooks into when I plug it into the computer.  Sorry I don't know the technical name)
The only problem is that the serial number on teh computer is rubbed off, and that seems to be an important thing in getting the right part for my computer.
Is there ANYTHING that can be done for my laptop?  I'm pretty desperate.  I have limited other ways to contact my family at home outside of programs like Skype, which are on my computer.
If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciaet it.  My email address is [email protected] ...That's my preferred method of responce.
Thanks so much!

E Mail address removed to prevent Spam...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:11:53 AM by patio »

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Toshiba laptop power problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:21:18 AM »
We need the model number of your laptop.  From that details of your laptop can be found on the Internet, without it we're flying blind.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Chilly

Beginner

Re: Toshiba laptop power problem
    « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »
    I had the same problem too after a few charge its because of the Toshiba Laptop batteries died like if it was Dell which will prevent charge to the computer even when the battery is out, theres not much you can do about it if the circuit is screwed up and the batteries dont work... sorry to hear about that.