Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant get sound out of speakers when surfing the web  (Read 2478 times)

doktor

Cant get sound out of speakers when surfing the web
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:27 AM »
Whenever I am on the Interent, I cant get sound. For example I cant get audio on youtube. But its not just youtube, its everywhere that i cant hear sound. I can hear sound if im playing a game that i installed and i can hear itunes and WMA. how do i fix this??

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Cant get sound out of speakers when surfing the web
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:26:29 AM »
    More information please.
    What version of windows is this?
    When did the problem start?
    etc...
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

doktor

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:28:37 AM »
    Its Windows XP. The problem started after I got the computer from a friend. The computer isnt even a year old a believe.

doktor

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »
    Alright I have more accurate specs for my comp now. Its a HP Pavillion A200N. It has a 2.4Ghz Intel Celeron Processor. Now the sound problem has been happening ever since I got the thing.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:07 AM »
      Did your "friend" also give you the recovery CD's along with the computer?  Most likely that's why he/she gave it to you  :-\

If not there may be a partition that has the installation software on it.  Usually on a brand name pc you can, @ the boot process, have the option to boot to that partition and restore the computer back to its original condition.

Have you checked Device Manager for problems / what browser are you using / try Firefox:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

doktor

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
      downloaded firefox but no luck with that. checked the device manager and I see nothing alarming there. i wasnt given any cd's with the computer though. I will see about getting those from him if I can contact him. But tell me more about this "partition" (dumb it down plz lol)