Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: vista help  (Read 4311 times)

stevecumbo

vista help
« on: August 25, 2007, 12:18:24 PM »
hi
 ive just installed the software for web cam but when i plugged in the webcam in the usb it then states new found hardware but it then says windows needs to install driver software for usb camera then asks to put in disc that come with the cam but it just says cant find driver software.Whats all that about its a new vista computer i didnot think drivers were required. please help
                                                                                           steve :-\

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: vista help
    « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
    Vista doesn't have drivers for everything and if it is an older web cam it might not be Vista compatible. You will need to tell us the name of the web cam though before we can help you.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
    Vista doesn't have drivers for everything and if it is an older web cam it might not be Vista compatible. You will need to tell us the name of the web cam though before we can help you.

Deerpark,
    Let me get this straight...are you saying that Vista may have driver issues ? ?

::)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Deerpark

Egghead
      « Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 02:35:56 PM »
      Yeah I know... chocking isn't it. :)
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

stevecumbo

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:26:32 AM »
      no its a new webcam its a mircosoft lifecam vx-1000 but i think the disc is for xp but u download the software to work with vista but when u plug the webcam in it says cant find the drivers for the webcam.even when i browse for the software on my computer it says still can't find the drivers and i have entered various files from the downloaded file. please help. thank you

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 07:36:10 AM »
      Here are the drivers for Vista...
      If you have tried once and it did not work look for the program/drivers in Add Remove and remove them.
      Unhook the webcam from the machine using "safely remove hardware" from the tray.
      DLoad the file above and save it to the desktop.
      Shut down and re-boot...when Vista is fully loaded then double click the file above you DLoaded and the installation will start. At some point it will tell you when to plug the cam in...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "