Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs booboo  (Read 6705 times)

Joker08

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs booboo
    « Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 08:07:08 PM »
    Patio i tried what you said and nothing but guess what?  WOW!!! so get this lol...... I found my old audio cable for my boston speakers for the analog instead of digital hookup, unhooked digital input plugged in analog boom SOUND, un hook analog put digital bak in and boom SOUND weird stuff.... thanks for helping me out everyone wish i would have tried this sooner. I am sure i will be back for help at some point thanks again.
       Joker

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 07:53:15 AM »
    Good to hear you are fixed up. Stop by anytime.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dieorcry

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 06:36:35 PM »
    Joker08 ~ Your issue stems from SP2 and Windows C-Media Audio '97. This problem is a result of new C-Media driver(s) pushed from SP2 update. To my knowledge MS hasn't resolved their SP 2 C-Media corrupted patch. When you try to  uninstall:[right click my computer > Manage > Devices >] do you see any device errors? If not when you uninstall all of your audio devices and reboot the problem still exists. If you can't roll back the driver, the new push from SP 2 reloads and the problem is more frustrating than before because that should have fixed the problem. Inorder to "fix" the problem you will have to edit the registry. When you go to Control Panel to sounds and audio, are the speaker settings "grayed out"? Do you see Realtek AC97 Audio displayed?  If any of this sounds like your issue let me know and I'll give you a registry edit....

That's exactly my problem.  I have an SB Audigy2ZS Gamer editon card from 2003.  It all worked fine before but suddenly stopped.  I reinstalled my drivers for the card, and updated them.  I tried reinstalling my Realtek AC 97 audio drivers for my motherboard.  Under Sounds and Audio Devices the Volume, Audio, and Voice otpions are all grayed out.  I can't play any system sounds.  The play button is grayed out.  Windows thinks there are no audio devices on my computer.  The card is listed in device manager and it even plays the sample sounds that came with the installation.  None of the software works; it all says that there is an incompatible sound driver.  How do I fix this?  Is regedit the only option?  That is risky and can screw things up even more.  Can I upgrade from XP Home to Pro and fix the problem?  Maybe I can somehow find the windows in-box audio drivers and re-install them?  Please Help!!!! 

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 03:10:52 PM »
    dieorcry it is best to start a new topic so it will recieve the proper attention...

And Welcome Aboard.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "