Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble installing RoadRunner medic  (Read 4612 times)

CarmelBeetle

Trouble installing RoadRunner medic
« on: August 28, 2007, 10:18:41 AM »
I'm using Windows Xp. I tried changing my email address from [email protected] to [email protected]. Everything went ok per the instructions, but failed when I tried running the final step; RoadRunnerMedic.exe. After spending 90 minutes on the phone w/TimeWarner, they said I to have someone remove a reference to a program that the install program attempts to remove. The error message is "Unable to revove previous version of Adelphia SelfCare".  If someone could provide some very simple guidance, I'd attempt it on my own....  Many thanks.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Trouble installing RoadRunner medic
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 03:15:11 PM »
If you are completely done with Adelphia first check Add/Remove programs and remove it from there...it's in Control Panel.
Remember to re-boot before trying to complete the current install.
If this does not work DLoad and run CCleaner which will remove stubborn program entries.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

CarmelBeetle

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 06:34:46 AM »
Thanks for your response. I'm not familiar with DLoad or CCleaner.....  A search on DLoad returned this scary comment: dload.exe is an executable file that starts a malicious process, launches certain parasite components or runs a destructive payload. Even if the dload.exe file does nothing suspicious, its presence indicates that your computer is infected with a particular threat.
The dload.exe file is installed and used by dialer Coulomb Dialer. CNET's review of CCleaner sounds good. I may give that a try.  What am I missing?

CarmelBeetle

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:59:29 AM »
I downloaded CCleaner and ran it. This did not fix the problem. I had previously looked in Control Panel to remove the Adelphia program. It was not listed. I may have to have the Geek Squad look at this thing, unless there are additional things one might suggest. Thanks.

ringbinder

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 07:00:33 AM »
    If this does not work DLoad and run CCleaner which will remove stubborn program entries.

That's Patio's shorthand.  He really meant "download and run CCleaner" which is a perfectly safe and useful  tool.
    a

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »
    Thanx ringbinder and i apologise toCarmelBettle ....it is indeed shorthand for download.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "