Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blurry screen  (Read 6857 times)

dhsmith

Blurry screen
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »
I recently purchased a 26 inch lcd television with a resolution of 1366 by 764, my windows vista laptop doesnt let me put this resolution out, ( either too high or two low) i right now have it on 1280 by 768 and there are blurred areas that are indescribably irritating. Does anybody know what i can do to eliminate these blurred areas, whats causing them and or any way to set my display at 1366 by 764.   I have also heard about some programs that change settings just for use on a larger monitor but am unable to find any of these. Thanks for the help, any reply is better than none.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Blurry screen
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:13:42 PM »
What graphics card do you have?
And what make/model of TV do you have?

dhsmith

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:26:44 PM »
graphics card is the integrated windows one, but it is capable of producing much higher than desired resolution on the tv. the tv is a sharp 26 inch high deff tv. My main problem is that i cannot figure out if there even is a way to manually set my resolution to the required setting for the TV

contrex

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:27:19 PM »
Do you mean 1366 x 768? What make and model is the TV?

You can try using a freeware tool from EnTech Taiwan
MultiRes which enables you to easily access and alter the display settings
available through the current display drivers. If 1366x768 is
available natively with the installed drivers it will show and be
easily switchable.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/multires.shtm

Otherwise for making advanced custom resolutions you can use their
PowerStrip software which is try-before-you-buy and reasonably priced.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:32:56 PM »
That looks like a pretty neat tool contrex.
Do you know if there is a registry setting to change the resolution? or ini file or something?

dhsmith

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »
yes it is supposed to be 1366 by 768 as the native setting of the tv. i will try what you said,   thanks

contrex

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »
That looks like a pretty neat tool contrex.
Do you know if there is a registry setting to change the resolution? or ini file or something?

I used Powerstrip to get 1600x1200 @ 74 Hz out of my Radeon 7000 to feed my Iiyama CRT monitor back in the day. I could not get that resolution and refresh rate any other way.

I don't know about registry settings, but there is such a thing as a monitor .inf file, which can sometimes make previously unobtainable resolutions possible.

dhsmith

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
i just downloaded the multi res app and it doesnt give me any more resolution options than the display settings that came wiht windows. it jumps from 1280 to 1400.

contrex

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »
i just downloaded the multi res app and it doesnt give me any more resolution options than the display settings that came wiht windows. it jumps from 1280 to 1400.

You might find that their Powerstrip app will work, it enables you to build custom resolutions not catered for by your existing video drivers, and it is try before you buy.

dhsmith

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 12:48:15 PM »
i think what i am looking for is a seperate program that will let me manually set or chose a resolution that isnt availiable in the software that came with the computer.   Correct me if i am wrong.    Also is the computer possibly not capable of putting out this specific resolution?

dhsmith

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »
ok thank you, sorry about asking what you already said after you posted, i had already started writing that.

dhsmith

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »
I am now able to access the area where i can change the resolution to the right setting, (it even says LCD/TV) by the resolution but when i go to change it it says that powerstrip does not have the administrative settings to  make the change. Is there any way i can give it administrative settings.

dhsmith

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:09 PM »
I got it! all is good, thank you very much.

contrex

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 02:15:07 PM »
another satisfied customer  :)