Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Odd Outlook behaviour  (Read 2260 times)

redeye

Topic Starter

Rookie

Odd Outlook behaviour
    « on: August 30, 2007, 07:55:10 AM »
    So I have an unusual issue...

Back story - We use a 3rd party for our email, but check said email with Outlook Express and Outlook 2003. We added a new person to our 3rd party email and setup Outlook 2003 with the account. Now on that Outlook client there are 3 email accounts from the same 3rd party email service.

Current issue - When sending an email to this new person an immediate blank reply is returned. So if I sent her a message with the subject: test. I would get a blank body email with the subject: Re:Test.

Things tried so far - Tried repairing her install of Outlook 2003. Looked for any option that would be an auto reply, but she does not seem to have it. Also, the out of office assistant is not enabled because we are not running an exchange server. I also tried calling our email hosting company but I had to leave a voice mail.

Any thoughts?

Spero-T

Re: Odd Outlook behaviour
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:53:25 AM »
    Sorry just to clarify, when your sending an email, the subject text sends... but whatever you have typed below does not come threw?

We use the exchange server in work, so ill try and find out for you, but this is an odd problem indeed ...

Lol and i like the name, i love getting red eye :P

redeye

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:14:46 AM »
      OK here is the clarification(s) hopefully....

When I send the email through the client. The new person Carrie will receive the email with no problems. (Full text, subject line, etc.) But its like her account (maybe outlook?) will automatically reply. Same subject line, but the reply email's body is blank.

redeye

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »
        Spero-T you don't need to dig into it. I think I may have figured it out.

Our third party mail service offers an auto reply option only available if you login through the web interface. So after logging in through the web interface I was able to set the option to "No Reply" and so far it seems like the issue is solved.

Mistakenly I thought it was an Outlook issue. I read somewhere else on the internet about a similar issue and that individual called their 3rd party email support and was told the issue was on their end.

Thanks for the consideration!!

Spero-T

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 09:32:27 AM »
        Not a problem, and remeber any more problems feel free to come back or even help out your self !