Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Overheating Laptop...  (Read 2336 times)

Chilly

Topic Starter

Beginner

Overheating Laptop...
    « on: September 02, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »
    Hey all I am a gamer which I use my laptop to play games on but my laptop overheats in 10 minutes up to 71 Degrees Celius and the peak is 81. Is there a product that can lower the tempurture? I was looking at the Tragus laptop thing...

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Overheating Laptop...
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 03:45:53 PM »
    A laptop cooler should be beneficial.
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »
    Clean out the fans with a can of compressed air. Keep the laptop on a flat surface and make sure all the vents aren't blocked. Try putting something under the corners of the laptop, like erasers or something, so that there is more clearance between the desk and the laptop. If it's still too hot get like one of those "laptop cooling pads" or whatever they're called. Its like a board with fans in it that you put under the laptop. You can usually find it one at a computer store, they cost around $30.

Chilly

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 04:27:37 PM »
      Sweet, thanks for your input/post I searched around the Web to look for the laptop coolers and I found a few and the idea of putting erasers under my laptop worked pretty good too (Lowered temp by 5-8 degrees)