Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video colors are reversed  (Read 3261 times)

LaLonne

Video colors are reversed
« on: November 26, 2004, 10:16:25 AM »
For some reason my PC has reversed colors in my video players.  All my colors are fine on the monitor, web pages, imaging programs, etc... but *not* in any video player I open to play something.  I've tried Windows Media Player, DivX, and AllPlayer.  They all have the same reversed colors.  Does anyone know what this could be, or how to fix it?  Thank you!!  :)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Video colors are reversed
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 10:28:36 AM »
Are your video card drivers up to date? Do you think that you could giveme some more inofrmation such as the vidoe card brand, and what operating system you are using?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

LaLonne

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 10:32:32 AM »
My video driver isn't that great of one, but has been working fine for three years until this recent problem.  It's a S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR and I am running Windows XP. :)  Oh, and it's drivers are up to date... at least when I click on it to update it says no better ones are available.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 10:43:06 AM by LaLonne »

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 12:04:09 PM »
Get official drivers. Not Windows drivers.

LaLonne

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 12:10:55 PM »
Where/how do I get the official drivers, and know I'm getting the right one?  I looked a bit on Google, but was too afraid to download/install one and mess my PC up worse.  :(

Computer_Commando

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 12:30:28 PM »
Where/how do I get the official drivers, and know I'm getting the right one?...

Did you try S3 Graphics?  http://www.s3graphics.com/

For WinXP click here

« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 12:33:19 PM by Computer_Commando »

LaLonne

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 12:34:04 PM »
Thank you all for your help!  It's much appreciated, but I've fixed it in messing around with my settings!  I went to Control Panel, Display, Settings, Advanced, and S3Overlay and hit "Default" and they all corrected themselves when I had a video open.  I've closed and reopened the videos again, and they're still working.  Whew!  What a relief!  Thank you again for your help!  It's much appreciated, and I didn't feel so lost and hopeless in my PC troubles.  Thank you, thank you all again! :-*

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 04:35:54 AM »
Go to the link Computer_Commando posted and obtain official drivers. They are bound to be more up to date than Windows drivers.