Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing video-card drivers?  (Read 3737 times)

RobertoBignotti

Missing video-card drivers?
« on: September 05, 2007, 04:52:51 PM »

Hello everybody,

bought a Dell Optiplex GX150 without operating system. Bought Windows 2000 and installed it, I find that only 16 colors are allowed and maximun screen area is 800x600 pixels. I thought I was missing some video card drivers and I downloaded all the video card drivers for that Pc in Dell.com but without results. Does anybody have any suggestion?

Thank youuuuu

Robert

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Missing video-card drivers?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:21:24 PM »
Travel back to Dell's site and enter the service tag # from the rear of the machine to insure you have installed the correct video drivers...
Or is this an add-on card you have ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:16:16 AM »
Wonder if they ever figured it out ?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

elxr06

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
Once you have double checked to be sure you know what you need...
driverguide.com might be a place to go, as I have found all drivers I have needed from that website.

You will need to register for free in order to have full access to that site. You can do scan from that driverguide.com. which will tell you what drivers you need, what drivers you need to update, and whether or not driverguide has it available.

If nothing works, try contacting dell technical support, with computer model, serial/product number, and maybe display driver device model info handy.

Good Luck.