Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: THE *censored* BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH !! Scared help!  (Read 3827 times)

Richenstony

THE *censored* BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH !! Scared help!
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:05:57 PM »
Ok i was loading up bf 2142 and i got the blue screen of death!! i took down parts of the screen here it is as followed!!

NV4_DISP <<<< thats the reason it shut down

the device driver got stuck in a infintie loop , and thats the cause ..... i think ???

any help please!!!

Thanks Tony :(

Richenstony

Re: THE *censored* BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH !! Scared help!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 04:07:59 PM »
ok i think ive found the soultion......

http://www.christopherjason.com/articles/nvidia-nv4disp-problem/

can someone double check the page , thanks

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: THE d**n BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH !! Scared help!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:39:50 PM »
Can't double check it without the full error message...although the fix looks legit.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »
yh it was way to long to type in my phone , i didnt have a pen to hand!! :D i just typed down what i thought mattered ..... Ive done that mr fix it from that page seemed to of worked , but my computer just seems like a weird one patio , it will never do what its told :D..... cheers for the double check on the page :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »
Let's do an exorcism and a complete clean install ! !

Those are rewarding...

Richenstony

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »
lol yh .....  the exorcism sounds good..... stupid thing , its odd , because its all new hardware , and it plays up as much as a older computer would  ??? i think i need a new case as well lol ..... theres a short on the 2 usbs on the side of my case , not only that the mobo is only half screwed in because its to small for the case if i moved it a little further back i could screw it in but the usb ports and all the other ports will be out of reach so it kinda sucks , its impossbile to clean all the cables in there , because there all  stretched over to the main plug 20 pin connector , i fear taking it all out incase i mess it up ...... i still have that 160gb HD as well that is just sitting about doing nofing , because  it wont format and take a clean install of x-p it just repeats the bios screen over and over otherwise that new HD would be in here .......  a fair few bugs there ...... demons be gone!!! :D stupid thing ....... bf 2142 plays like a charm now , had to lower the cpu frequency  in BIOS .....

:D thanks again

Richenstony

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
heres the error i got it again!!!

stop: 0x000000EA (0x820A1DA8, 0x8207D368, 0xF8560CB4m, 0x00000001)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »
0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article.)
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

That vid card may be takin a dump...or you have installed the incorrect drivers.

Richenstony

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 09:27:52 AM »
need a new GPU ...... i will get one when i can!!! :( i think its corup im also going to get a new psu....