Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A fun question  (Read 10780 times)

Ivy

Re: A fun question
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
You are right Unloved, and i was referring to a thread , anyway i guess not many read it ( in that thread Mektek , Spero and me were joking about levels os expertise) .... :) :)

contrex

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 05:00:17 AM »
This is one of those thinking tests like we had at school 40 years ago.

A farmer is standing on one bank of a river, with a fox, a chicken, and a bag of grain. He needs to get to the other side of the river, taking the fox, the chicken, and the grain with him.

However, the boat used to cross the river is only large enough to carry the farmer and one of the things he needs to take with him, so he will need to make several trips in order to get everything across.

In addition, he cannot leave the fox unattended with the chicken, or else the fox will eat the chicken; and he cannot leave the chicken unattended with the grain, or else the chicken will eat the grain. The fox is not particularly partial to grain, and may be left alone with it.

How can he get everything across the river without anything being eaten?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 05:27:08 AM »
Take the chicken across,then the grain,take the chicken back,get the fox,
take the fox back across,and leave him with the grain,now go back and get
the chicken.

Bwahahaha! We were having chicken for supper anyhow. ;D

I haven't heard that in a long time contrex.....We're old. LOL
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
    « Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 02:02:42 PM »
    This is one of those thinking tests like we had at school 40 years ago.

A farmer is standing on one bank of a river, with a fox, a chicken, and a bag of grain. He needs to get to the other side of the river, taking the fox, the chicken, and the grain with him.

However, the boat used to cross the river is only large enough to carry the farmer and one of the things he needs to take with him, so he will need to make several trips in order to get everything across.

In addition, he cannot leave the fox unattended with the chicken, or else the fox will eat the chicken; and he cannot leave the chicken unattended with the grain, or else the chicken will eat the grain. The fox is not particularly partial to grain, and may be left alone with it.

How can he get everything across the river without anything being eaten?
    Yanng's was harder!