Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I don't know where else to go!? Darn comp!  (Read 5682 times)

sweetinsanity07

I don't know where else to go!? Darn comp!
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:19:25 PM »
Every time I turn on my computer, a Compaq Armada E500, I get an error message that says,

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent Hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, retarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice."

I have tried all of them and none of them work. They all bring me to a blue screen that has another error message. This message pops up and disappears to fast so I don't know all that it says. I do know it says "The registry cannot load the Hive (file). Then it brings me back to the first error message. I have NO clue what to do! HELP ME! :(

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
    Re: I don't know where else to go!? Darn comp!
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 10:38:34 PM »
    Power on your comp, then right away start hitting F8 until a menu comes up. There should be an option to disable bluescreen automatic restart.

sweetinsanity07

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:53:08 PM »
    Yeah...All it did was start beeping at me...then the same screen popped up. thanks for the suggestion!

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
      « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:58:01 PM »
      Do you have the original Windows installation CD?

sweetinsanity07

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:00:25 PM »
      No I don't....I got this laptop from my brother for christmas. He didn't give me any cds or anything...Ugh....big mistake right?

Spero-T

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 04:59:52 AM »
      How many beeps is there?

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Does it match any of them; what did you install befoe this happened? new game mouse webcam etc ?

sweetinsanity07

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 12:48:52 AM »
      Everytime i pressed the key it beeped...and I didnt install anything. I actually think it was the extension cord I plugged it into...I think it may have shorted my copmuter. :(

I took it to the "geek Squad" today...and the guy told me that if i got the resart CD from compaq it would only be something like 20-80 bucks to fix it myself. But that would mean I'd lose all my info on that computer. Like....EVERYTHING. I'd have to start from scratch...:( But if i let them do it, and save all my stuff, It would be along the lines of 400 bucks...

SO I'm in a lose lose situation... :'(

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
        « Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »
        You could get a new hard drive and external hard drive enclosure, put the new hard drive in the computer in place of the old one, install Windows on it, and then get your files off the old hard drive via the external enclosure. That would probably work, unless some of your hardware is damaged.... is it?

sweetinsanity07

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »
        So basically comp guy....I have no idea what you just said....I'm not technical at ALL...But i don't think my hardrive is damaged...how would i know?

sweetinsanity07

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 05:00:26 PM »
        ok so thanks to everyone who tried to help....but i bit the bullet and just started completely over and now everything is gone....:( Oh well it works again...

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
          « Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 10:40:43 PM »
          So basically comp guy....I have no idea what you just said....I'm not technical at ALL...But i don't think my hardrive is damaged...how would i know?
          Ok sorry to mix you up. But I figured there's a chance you might know what I'm talkiing about.

ok so thanks to everyone who tried to help....but i bit the bullet and just started completely over and now everything is gone....:( Oh well it works again...
          Sorry we couldn't be of more help to you.

The Saviour

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 10:46:01 PM »

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
            • Obituary
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:52:01 AM »

Wow! You sure jumped the gun.
          Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

The Saviour

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 06:44:14 AM »
          If patience is a virtue...what is impatience?

Flowers...get it?  Impatience...Impatients...huh? Huh?  Funny right?  DOH!

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
            • Obituary
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »
          If patience is a virtue...what is impatience?

Flowers...get it?  Impatience...Impatients...huh? Huh?  Funny right?  DOH!

Never heard that before and I work growing outdoor shrubbery.

Impatiens , good one Steve..... ;D
          Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.