Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I don't know where else to go!? Darn comp!  (Read 5665 times)

The Saviour

Re: I don't know where else to go!? Darn comp!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 09:30:05 AM »
Sorry...mispelled it, huh?
Ruined the whole effect...

sweetinsanity07

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 01:43:29 PM »
ok so thanks to everyone who tried to help....but i bit the bullet and just started completely over and now everything is gone....:( Oh well it works again...

Wow! You sure jumped the gun.

Yeah....I did, but its ok...I didn't lose anything important. I'm just glad my computer works again...

OH! but now its giving me a message that somethings wrong with my registry...I downloaded a registry cleaner, it told me i had 43 errors and that i had to actually BUY the stupid thing to fix it... Any suggestions?

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
    « Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »
    I wouldn't recommend using those sorts of programs, as a lot of them are not authentic, or just show errors to make you buy the program. A good free file cleaner and registry editor is CCleaner (without the Yahoo! toolbar). And be sure to have antivirus software installed, or you may have troubles with it soon.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 02:12:22 PM »
    Think about it...you just re-installed XP...
    So how would it be possible for the registry to get that wonked in less than a day ? ?

What is the name of this questionable software anyways so we can all be on the lookout for it ? ?

I fear all that program has done is seperate you from some hard earned cash.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "