Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick Install Failure  (Read 4986 times)

ekim

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick Install Failure
« on: November 27, 2004, 09:07:26 AM »
While trying to install Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, using their install wizard CD, for some reason the installation failed. Repeated tries also failed.  The only clue to the problem was a message during installation  to insert my Windows 98 2nd Edition CD to locate a file called "hidusb.sys"  which was supposed to be located in C:\windows\system\hidusb.sys.  The destination of the file was supposed to be c:\windows\system32\drivers\hidusb.sys=BASE5.CAB  This is all Greek to me, but I did manage to conduct file searches for both c drive and the Windows CD with negative results concerning hidusb.sys.  I've searched Logitech's home page for this file, and reviewed their download page, with negative results.  I've checked the Win 98 Control Panel under Joystick Options, and the Logitech is not listed.  I checked the Control Panel under System for the Conflicting Device List, and there are not conflicts listed.  I'm stumped, and would appreciate any help you can give me with this problem.  Thanks.  Mike.

Raptor

Re: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick Install Failu
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 09:16:26 AM »
Have you tried selecting the option to pick a driver from the list?

Windows 98SE may not find the proper drivers if you tell it to auto detect.

2k dummy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 09:35:08 AM »
You probably have an OEM version of 98.

1.Insert the OEM Windows 98 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the CD-ROM to prevent Windows Setup from starting automatically.

2.Click Start, and then click Run.

3.In the Open box, type sfc, and then click OK.

4.Click Extract one file from installation disk.

5.In the Specify the system file you would like to restore box, type the name of the missing file, and then click Start.

6.In the Restore from box, type the following line
drive:\Win98
where drive is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive.

7.In the Save file in box, type the following line, and then click OK
drive:\Windows\System32\Drivers
where drive is the drive letter of the hard disk on which Windows 98 is installed.

8.Click OK, and then click OK again.

9.When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.

There may also be other drivers missing. Repeat these steps for each missing driver.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 11:52:40 AM »
had simular trouble and that was  a  m$oft sidewinder joystick....gave it away...the bin had it...this may help>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q240075