Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: run time error 5 in bespoke website software  (Read 3093 times)

lakesandvalleys

run time error 5 in bespoke website software
« on: September 15, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
Hi

Im not too techno jargon minded so please go easy on me  ;D

I had some bespoke software desinged a few years back which basically allows me to ammend my website offline via a program made up of forms - the website is www.lakesandvalleys.co.uk (not the best written site in world but thats another issue  :-X)

The software basically converts the info I input to update the html files within the folder, then i upload the full folder with updated html files, images etc.

The program software seems to be a .csv file run in excel, i click on a program called webupdate which has TASC after it (where you would get HTML document, BAS etc) in the folder are also the following webupdate files

webupdate.bas
webupdate.frx
webupdate.vbw
webupdate.frm
webupdate.vbp

As far as i know these are basically what create the program and if i fill in the forms within the software i basically create a new webpage in html without having to use any coding.

In past have managed to fix run time errors - often if changed Pc and not put the folder in C drive it causes problems.

Been playing up all week so downloaded all the files off the server onto PC and it worked for a few days, then suddenly get run time error 5 message again. What i did notice and thought strange was the files and html pages downloaded off the server wernt as upto date as what the actual website was, couldnt understand this as assume the website displays the most recent version of a file uploaded onto the server.

Any ideas why i get the errors, am sure years ago fixed it once with a VB patch but again thats not worked, even tried registery mechanic which claims to fix run time errors and no joy.

The person who wrote the software lacks serious customer care always did, as soon as had the money that was it, and constantly had to chase him if had any problems (just did a search for his name/company and found a bad/unpaid debt listed from 2004.... need i say more)

Any help would be really appreciated as have come to a dead end

Thanks

Martin

lakesandvalleys

Re: run time error 5 in bespoke website software
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »
dont know if it helps but even when go into backed up folder on usb pen and external h/d the software still plays up - not sure if fault/virus on PC (running kaspersky, spy dr, some freebie firewall, registery mechanic so unlikely??)

However just to confuse things tried it on laptop reading files off usb pen and works fine, could it be a virus or similar that has removed something on my PC as both run xp?

(just tried removing all folders, reloading back on PC from usb pen and doesnt work still run time error >:( >:( ??? :'()
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 05:17:05 PM by lakesandvalleys »

lakesandvalleys

Re: run time error 5 in bespoke website software
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 06:07:49 AM »
computerNOhope.com  :(