Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: After reinstalling xp blue screened  (Read 4011 times)

Bontje

After reinstalling xp blue screened
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
My old Compaq Deskpro was working fine for about half a year, but a few weeks ago i tried to turn it on and it said "error loading operating system" so today ive been trying to reinstall xp. Well its been running through set up it has been going real slow, been about 3 hours and it just now finished. There were a few times when somethin would pop up and say that it was unable to copy a certain file, so  i pushed esc which let it continue. It had just finished and restarted, got to windows xp screen then started going to the user accounts screen but then it blue screened. Said this exactly

Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows Logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down

Anyone know how to fix this, or what caused it? I had been messing iwth the hardrives, trying to hook up 2 to one comp. (took out the extra one before i tried reinstalling) and i also took the ram out of another one of my compaqs and put that in.... as well as took the battery out of it to reset BIOS password (which of course i  put back in before installing xp)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: After reinstalling xp blue screened
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »
What are the system specs of this machine ? ?
It may not be suited for XP...3 hours is a long time for an OS install...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

The Saviour

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »
Also...

When doing the install, you should only have the necessary peripherals connected to your computer...monitor, mouse and keyboard.  Disconnect everything else to insure a clean install if your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the operating system.  This way, you can look for updated drivers for your other peripherals that may be causing the issue...after you get the OS installed.

First...list your specs as patio suggested...

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
  • Google
    « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:19:31 PM »
    ...There were a few times when somethin would pop up and say that it was unable to copy a certain file, so  i pushed esc which let it continue...

I think you probably have a hardware problem or faulty media.

Try Cleaning and / or upgrade your computer, some of it is probably dying if it's considerably old.
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
    ASUS Striker Extreme
    XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
    2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
    Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
    -

Bontje

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 04:20:22 PM »
    Ive ran Xp on it for like 6 months and it ran fine, but anyways i previously ran it with 256 MB ram not i got 400 some, and its got a 6.5gb hardrive, pentium 2

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
    • Google
      « Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
      Try what I've mentioned in my previous post and also checking all components are seated correctly.

You may want to give memtest86+ a shot to check if there are any RAM problems.
      System specs:
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
      ASUS Striker Extreme
      XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
      2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
      Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
      Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
      -

Bontje

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 05:32:29 PM »
      Ok, i tried to reinstall it again... didnt work, i put an empty 6.5gb hardrive in and so far its working fine, ill let u kno how it goes...

The Saviour

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 06:05:21 PM »
      What was the make and model of the drive in there before...and did you run diagnostics on the drive you replaced?  A 6.6GB drive really isn't a lot...I hope you have another drive installed...

Bontje

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 06:09:53 PM »
      Like i said xp had been running fine on it for about 6 months, its a crappy comp, im just using it to screw around with.

I tried the other empty hardrive, didint bother finishing the xp installation but it did the same thing well it was installing on the other one, it was saying it couldnt copy certain files and u had to push esc to make it skip it...

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:16:25 PM »
      XP + 256MG of RAM + older HDD = issues

We still don't know any other specifics of the machine...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Bontje

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
      WHat kind of specifics...? I can onlyt tell u the stuff that i can c the comp components cus it wont even start up.... now its not even starting the xp installation thing, an error pops up... Any easy way to erase a hardrive thro bios or wihtout gettin in thro to the op?

The Saviour

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »
      Like I asked before...

Can you give us the manufacturer and model number of the hard drive you want to format?