Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Normal video card temps?  (Read 3172 times)

kaigun

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Normal video card temps?
    « on: September 08, 2007, 06:03:12 PM »
    I put in a EVGA GeForce 7600GS  (256 MB) video card. First time I've had a real video card vice the onboard video. The accompanying software lets you monitor the card temps. Mine has been reading from 51-54 degrees C. The card is working fine, I'm just wondering at what temps should I become concerned? I found the Computer Hope discussion on normal CPU temps but nothing on GPU temps.

Thanks

Gigabyte GA-8S661FXMP-RZ board
    Celeron D 335, 2.8 GB CPU
    1024 MB  (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    Antec SLK 1650 mini tower case w/350W power supply, rear 120mm exhaust fan, front 80mm supply fan, side 80mm exhaust fan.

The Saviour

Re: Normal video card temps?
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 06:15:45 PM »
    Those temperatures you gave are pretty normal...

70s and 80s are a little high, however...anything above that and your overheating the video memory and will eventually be replacing the card.

kaigun

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 06:33:01 PM »
      Thanks, that's what I was looking for. It doesn't do any good to have a way to monitor  specs if you don't know what the normals and abnormals are.

The Saviour

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 06:37:08 PM »
      You're more than welcome...

Just make sure you keep the vents and inside the case clean and free of dust...the more airflow...the better.