Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dvd burner  (Read 3897 times)

rainbowindie

dvd burner
« on: November 27, 2004, 03:11:37 PM »
i bought a dvd burner thru ebay and it had no instructions. i have got it installed but where do i go from there, should i have something else to get it working. i have put a dvd in to see if it worked but got nothing, should i have some system that i can go to to get it up and running??
as u can see i know zero........
tks
rainbow

Raptor

Re: dvd burner
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 03:13:55 PM »
as u can see i know zero........

And people who know zero should obtain proper hardware that come with instructions.

Have you properly connected the flat ribbon cable and the power cable?

Have you properly set the jumpers? (May be a bit hard without proper instructions.. Especially if you have no idea what jumpers are.. )

Also check to see if the drive is detected in the BIOS and/or Windows...

If you have no idea what I just said, sell the DVD-drive and buy one from a store.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 03:15:30 PM by Raptor »

robertmillar

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 03:20:34 PM »
I'm sure you will be able to download a manual from the manufacturer's Web Site.

rainbowindie

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 12:51:10 AM »
 8)
tks will try the manufacturer
i do have it installed but it appears i need a disc for the computer to recognise that the dvd burner has been installed
i will try them for that
tks again
rainbowindie

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 03:51:03 AM »
do you have the software for it like........<deep burner>is  pretty good...for drivers for your dvd drive...>http://list.driverguide.com/list/index.html    the password is  drivers all   ebay no comment....maybe this would have been cheaper>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=3381074537&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=76169
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 03:58:00 AM by merlin_2 »