Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: google help  (Read 13762 times)

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

google help
    « on: September 09, 2007, 11:34:20 PM »
    theres is probably an easy way through this, but when i go to google, my safesearch is always on. if i go to my preferences to tur off my filters, itll say that they were changed but when i go bacl to the google page, they are still on. thanks for any help

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: google help
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:58:21 AM »
    Are you sure Cookies are enabled? The SafeSearch function uses them, and if they aren't tuned on, any changes to SafeSearch aren't recorded.

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:50:55 AM »
      im not sure. how do i check?

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »
      firefox:

*  Go to the "Tools" menu.
          * Select "Options".
          * Select the "Privacy" icon in the left panel.
          * Check the box corresponding to "Allow sites to set cookies".
          * Click "OK" to save changes.

Internet E 5

*  Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu.
          * Click on the "Security" tab.
          * Click the "Custom Level" button.
          * Scroll down to the "Cookies" section.
          * To enable:
                o Set "Allow cookies that are stored on your computer" to "Enable".
                o Set "Allow per-session cookies" to "Enable".
          * Click "OK".

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 11:25:51 PM »
        firefox:

*  Go to the "Tools" menu.
            * Select "Options".
            * Select the "Privacy" icon in the left panel.
            * Check the box corresponding to "Allow sites to set cookies".
            * Click "OK" to save changes.

Internet E 5

*  Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu.
            * Click on the "Security" tab.
            * Click the "Custom Level" button.
            * Scroll down to the "Cookies" section.
            * To enable:
                  o Set "Allow cookies that are stored on your computer" to "Enable".
                  o Set "Allow per-session cookies" to "Enable".
            * Click "OK".

thanks for the help, but i couldnt find the cookies section under the custom level button.  i looked for it up and down like three times  ???

Richenstony

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 11:32:40 PM »
        what browser are you using?

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 11:43:44 PM »
          IE7

Richenstony

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 11:46:49 PM »
          my bad....

this should do it ...

let me know if it works

http://www.betfred.com/help/static/cookiehelp_ie.htm

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58:41 PM »
            cookies were disabled. i enabled them, restarted the browser, but i still cant change the google preferences  :(

Richenstony

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 12:01:02 AM »
            Its a long shot but restart your computer ....

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 01:22:24 AM »
              nope. nothing.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
                « Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 11:23:33 AM »
                is your computer clean of infection

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 06:02:36 PM »
                  yup. did a full system spyware and virus scan a couple of days ago and another one this morning. using CA

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 06:05:18 PM »
                    dl ccleaner

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 08:34:58 PM »
                      dl ccleaner
                      ok, but what would that have to do with my problem? just wondering....

Richenstony

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 08:50:01 PM »
                      well in all honesty , im not to sure myself  ??? but its worth a shot , im out of ideas to be honest..... run cclean like unlovedwarriror said ......

www.ccleaner.com

Use firefox or IE 6 :)

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »
                        ok ill try it when i get home. if that doesnt work, ill try firefox.  thanks for your help. ill let you guys know if ti worked.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »
                          clean junk files.. might help never know and then run the issues scan a couple of times (save each time it asks)

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 11:46:18 PM »
                            ok. i cleaned up my mess, ran the issues scan until it was completely clean, but i still have the same problem :(. however i noticed something new.... if i search on the web, safesearch is on. if i search images, strict safesearch is on, and if i search video, safesearch is completely off.  ???

should i try firefox now?

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 11:55:57 PM »
                              yea

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »
                                same thing with firefox. i find this very strange.  could it maybe have something to do wit my virus protection?

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 12:07:08 AM »
                                  what is it? and post a log(hijackthis) for us too look at

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 12:11:53 AM »
                                    CA. whats hijackthis?

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 12:18:31 AM »
                                      whats CA?? hijackthis its a program to help detect malware. just make sure you make a folder on your desktop for it..

The Saviour

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 12:19:20 AM »
                                      Check to see if CA has a setting that has disabled cookies...

Since your Google preferences aren't being remembered...it's either that or you may want to clear your browser's cache of Temporary Internet files to see if this doesn't fix the problem.

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 12:22:08 AM »
                                        Check to see if CA has a setting that has disabled cookies...

Since your Google preferences aren't being remembered...it's either that or you may want to clear your browser's cache of Temporary Internet files to see if this doesn't fix the problem.
                                        ya, i already checked CA and cookies were enabled. and i already cleared temporary files as well as a bunch of other junk

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 12:23:26 AM »
                                          whats CA?? hijackthis its a program to help detect malware. just make sure you make a folder on your desktop for it..
                                          CA is a virus protection thing like Mcafee. where can i download hijackthis?

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 12:23:47 AM »
                                            google

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
                                            « Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 12:25:54 AM »
                                            CA is a virus protection thing like Mcafee. where can i download hijackthis?
                                            From here.... but remember that most things are just a Google away...

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 12:30:55 AM »
                                              Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
                                              Scan saved at 12:29:23 AM, on 9/12/2007
                                              Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
                                              Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
                                              C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\oradm.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Blue Coat K9 Web Protection\k9filter.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfsem.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\zHotkey.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
                                              C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\dvd43\dvd43_tray.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
                                              C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 12 Standard\MiniMavis.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
                                              C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                                              C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
                                              R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
                                              R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
                                              R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                                              R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                                              R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
                                              R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                                              R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                                              R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
                                              O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
                                              O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
                                              O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
                                              O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
                                              O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
                                              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
                                              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe
                                              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowWnd] ShowWnd.exe
                                              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
                                              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
                                              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 12:31:24 AM »
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunKistEM] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exe
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dvd43] C:\Program Files\dvd43\dvd43_tray.exe
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe"  -osboot
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe"
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafwc] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
                                                O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
                                                O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                                                O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
                                                O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
                                                O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')
                                                O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
                                                O4 - Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
                                                O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exe
                                                O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
                                                O4 - Global Startup: MiniMavis.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 12 Standard\MiniMavis.exe
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
                                                O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
                                                O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
                                                O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
                                                O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
                                                O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
                                                O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
                                                O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
                                                O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                                                O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                                                O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/20061205/qtinstall.info.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
                                                O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwebproducts/ei/ZwinkyInitialSetup1.0.0.15.cab
                                                O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://photos.walmart.com/WalmartActivia.cab
                                                O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
                                                O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
                                                O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
                                                O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe (file missing)
                                                O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
                                                O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
                                                O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
                                                O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
                                                O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
                                                O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
                                                O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe (file missing)
                                                O23 - Service: oradm - Warranty Corporation of America - C:\WINDOWS\oradm.exe
                                                O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
                                                O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
                                                O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
                                                O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
                                                O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
                                                O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
                                                O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
                                                O23 - Service: Blue Coat K9 Web Protection (WebFilter) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Blue Coat K9 Web Protection\k9filter.exe

--
                                                End of file - 11842 bytes

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 12:35:47 AM »
                                                  did i do it right?

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 12:43:14 AM »
                                                    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
                                                    not sure if thats good or not

yes

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 12:54:59 AM »
                                                      what is it?

The Saviour

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 01:15:30 AM »
                                                      what is it?

A pronoun...but that's not important right now...

Wait for our resident malware guru to contact you about your log...

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 06:53:38 AM »
                                                        okk

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 06:02:37 PM »
                                                          hope you guys havent forgotten bout me  :-[

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
                                                          « Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 06:36:47 PM »
                                                          Well, we haven't forgotten about you, but maybe you should ask a mod. to move this into the Viruses and Spyware forum, because that's what this has evolved into. Really, CBMatt is the guy for HiJackThis logs, but I don't think he's going to be looking in Other for them.

Fed

• Sage
                                                            « Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 07:36:47 PM »
                                                            I'd be curious about the last HJT entry, Google it or ask your parents. :D
                                                            Blue Coat K9 Web Protection
                                                            Perhaps it's controlling your surfing habits?

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 09:44:53 PM »
                                                              lol. ya. it does control the firewalls and stuff, but i had turned them off to see if it would still do it. and it did. ill ask one of the mods to move it to a virus forum. thanks for your help guys, i reall appreciate it

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
                                                                wait, your a mod, right? can you move this?

Fed

• Sage
                                                                  • OS: Windows XP
                                                                  « Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 11:22:57 PM »
                                                                  No point in moving it because it's not being caused by a virus.
                                                                  BC_Matt is omnipresent anyway. ;)
                                                                  Have you tried setting IE to the defaults, ALL of them?

Fed

• Sage
                                                                    « Reply #42 on: September 15, 2007, 04:45:24 AM »
                                                                    I just had a bit of a play with the Google preferences, after you select a preference and hit apply do you get a small box come up saying that your preferences have been saved?
                                                                    Are you then automatically transfered back to the Google search page?

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2007, 09:45:42 PM »
                                                                      I just had a bit of a play with the Google preferences, after you select a preference and hit apply do you get a small box come up saying that your preferences have been saved?
                                                                      Are you then automatically transfered back to the Google search page?
                                                                      the small box comes up saying that my preferences were saved, but it just stays on that same page. 

im gonna try setting IE to the defaults

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2007, 09:50:04 PM »
                                                                        i recently installed ubuntu using wubi and i barely tried it out today. well anyways, i tried going to google to see if the same problem would occur, but it didnt. my preferences are perfectly fine here. but i had tried firefow on xp and still had problems.

Fed

• Moderator

• Sage
                                                                        • Thanked: 35
                                                                          « Reply #45 on: September 16, 2007, 12:04:06 AM »
                                                                          Try it after setting your IE defaults and wait until you're redirected back to the Google search page.
                                                                          You would have to do this after each time you clear your cookies.

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »
                                                                            how do i set my IE defaults?  :P

The Saviour

• Guest
                                                                            « Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 12:53:34 PM »
                                                                            Tools/Internet Options/Advanced Tab

Click the Restore Advanced Settings button.
                                                                            Click apply and/or OK to save your settings.

Aldom92

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 01:07:54 PM »
                                                                              it was the Blue Coat K9 Web Protection all along.  it had a box checked saying "use google safeserch".  i guess i didnt check well enough before.  im sorry.  but thanks a lot for all the help i received. i really appreciate it

Fed

• Moderator

• Sage
                                                                              • Thanked: 35
                                                                                « Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »
                                                                                Thanks for letting us know, come back anytime. :)