Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help running games faster..  (Read 4413 times)

k-trance

Help running games faster..
« on: November 27, 2004, 10:30:06 PM »
I've got Rome: Total War and Vampire: The Masquerade on my computer upstairs, (which is not connected to the internet, hence eliminating spyware possibilities), and my system outdoes their recommended requirements. I've got a radeon(i think) 5600 video card that I purchased along with the computer in mid-2003. It was the most expensive vid-card available so I know it's not that. But my games still glitch when I max out rome's graphics and vamp just glitches in general. (The games will momentarily freeze and then continue playing) Any help with maximizing my system configuration to play the games without glitches would be well appreciated.

Raptor

Re: Help running games faster..
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 02:52:03 AM »
More system specifications required.

• Defrag HDD
  • Scan for Viruses, Trojan Horses and Spyware
  • Better maintain fans, remove dust and note temperature

I believe the 5600 is an Nvidia card.. 256MB RAM, correct?

Corrosive

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 09:07:27 AM »
Your games "momentarily freeze and then continue playing"? Possibly down to hard-drive activity in the background?

Try shutting all windows and programs running in the background (the old three-finger-salute, [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Delete]) except for Explorer.exe and Systray.exe

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 04:33:57 PM »
    Tell us your processor and RAM, they have a big impact on gaming. Go to Start > Run > dxdiag