Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard not working after Bios screen...  (Read 3197 times)

merge

Keyboard not working after Bios screen...
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:41:07 PM »
So basically I started to get tons of errors on my computer randomly one day so I restarted my computer and it took way longer than usual to load and when it did finally load it went VERY slow. It didn't even load everything it just had the little hour glass thing and and kept loading and loading. I tried to reformat and when I got to the screen after the Bios screen that says "Click any key to boot from CD", I try to click and nothing happens. I have tried other keyboard and still the same thing. My keyboard works on the Bios screen but, not on the screen I mentioned. When my computer loads it takes me to the screen where I can choose safe mode but none of the keyboards work on that screen. So, I just have to let it load and my hard drive just restarts and loads again. It does this over and over again. I have tried different hard drives, and keyboards and I still get nothing. As I said before I can use my keyboard on the Bios screen but, not on any screen after it.

The Saviour

Re: Keyboard not working after Bios screen...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:43:50 PM »
If your keyboard is USB...try using a PS/2 keyboard instead...

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    « Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:19:40 PM »
    Some BIOSs have a setting that enables the USB keyboard. If you can find it (sorry, can't show you as all BIOS's are different), and enable it if it isn't already, you can probably use the USB keyboard from there. I say "probably" because I've seen computers do odd stuff.

Good luck.
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Spero-T

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 04:39:50 AM »
    Your Bios could be corrupt....

Try the above use a old ps2 keyboard if possiable