Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not coming on  (Read 2457 times)

zanter8

Topic Starter

Beginner

not coming on
    « on: September 11, 2007, 06:20:01 PM »
    I was putting RAM into my sis's computer (ive put RAM in alot of computers) and I go to cut it back on and have it plugged in right and etc and made sure. .and when i hit the button.  Nothing happens ...but when i plug the cord in the back a green light comes on on the motherboard.  But yet nothing happens when i hit the button.   (i also tried taking the new RAM back out and still doesnt work)

Whats the problem?

Thnx
    « Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:55:00 AM by zanter8 »
    Mess with the best, Die like the rest - zerocool

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: not coming on
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
    Is it the correct RAM ? ?
    You may have inadvertantly dislodged something while inside the case...double check all connections.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Spero-T

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:22:06 AM »
    Check that the button on the front has not broke i had the same problem on my pc at home i just took the front cover of got a pen and hit the button with that might help ya !

zanter8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:53:42 AM »
      Well, the RAM is about the same "age" as the computer.  I took it out of my custom built computer and was trying to give it to my sis b/c she needs more.  I checked all the connections inside the computer and everything seems to be fine.  Could I have shorted something out?  I called a computer place and they said to leave it unplugged for a few hours to let the motherboard "reset" and see if that works.

idk. ergh.

zanter8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 08:56:53 AM »
        The button worked fine like 5 seconds b4 i went in the computer. lol.  but i will try that ..

thnx

The Saviour

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 08:57:38 AM »
        The RAM being the same age as the computer really isn't helping...

We'd need to know the make and model of your motherboard in order to provide you with the correct memory...

gillies123

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 12:41:18 PM »
        I have a similar issue...installed new memory, but my PSU blew when I turned the PC back on. Have purchased new PSU and all I have is the green light. I take it that my motherboard is a gonner? :(