Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer display  (Read 2101 times)

doodeedoo

my computer display
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:48:17 AM »
hey all! i would appreciate your help on this annoying little issue i've suddenly come across. whenever i use to click on 'my computer' the window would open and show me the icons divided into their categories like:

* hard disk drives
* removable storage
* other?

i never really paid attention to what the headings were, but they divided my hard disk drives from my removable storage drives, and divided the 'My Documents' icons from all that under another heading...

but today after doing nothing really spectacular or different, when i clicked on 'my computer' it displayed all my hard disk drives, removable storage drives and everything else just like you would see in your average folder. like they were all displayed together, not divided up like they use to be.

i've been clicking around with 'view' options but to no avail... any idea on how to bring back that division of drives?

any help will be greatly appreciated :) it's something little, but it's something i've grown use to!

ta!

- rrb

kbm292

Intermediate

Re: my computer display
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:57:19 AM »
    Just right click in blank space > arrange icons by > categories.

doodeedoo

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 06:05:09 AM »
    ahhhhhhh!!! thank you!

i had to click on 'show in groups' after right clicking the blank space and going to arrange icons...

ahh that seems to easy, i feel like such a dork haha

THANKS AGAIN!

kbm292

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:54:30 AM »
      No problem at all.  Glad to help.   :)