Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My PC freezing with beeep sound during playing any game.  (Read 3258 times)

joexderhaka

My PC freezing with beeep sound during playing any game.
« on: September 13, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
here is my PC spec;

celeron D 2.66ghz
P23G (V3.0)Socket LGA775 & FSB1066/DDR400+DDR2 533 mobo
80GB hard disk
1.5gb of ram(1gb 533hz and 512mb 533Hz)
Ati Radeon 9550 GT 256mb 128bit graphic card
and i'm still using Old monitor(dont know what brand is it)

what do u think of my PC?

The last game that i played before this problem accur is Call of Duty,  ,half life and other old games....

i've upgraded my ram from 256mb to 1.5 gb and also buy my first ati radeon graphic card..then try to play call of dUTY and 2003 world snooker championship..at first the game work properly for a few time..then untill one day my Pc start to freezing with a beeep sound after i playing the game for few moments..

i almost try everything to figure it out from update the drivers,CPU temp issues,Ram timing,bios setup,monitor refresh rate setting and video card setting.. what else...do u have any other suggestion ?

So from that i started to suspecting my old monitor was the cause of this problem maybe..(i guess)..or my proccessor is not suitable for gaming??

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: My PC freezing with beeep sound during playing any game.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 01:17:40 AM »
how's the beep sound?
tell us about that beep and we can analyze it
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

joexderhaka

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 07:42:42 AM »
its is a long beeps sound when it start freezing..but sometime its just freeze without beep sound...

Do u think it is a high temp alarm?cuz i just check my CPU temp on Bios was 74 celcius..it was very high temp even i only surfing internet..i dont know what causing this cuz i'm already open up my Pc cover and blow it with my former kitchen exhaust fan..but the temp still won't drop..

So what u think?any suggestion..

Flip81

Intermediate

• ben folds
    « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:32 AM »
    did you check and see if the heat sink was seated properly?

Flip81

Intermediate

• ben folds
      « Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 08:18:10 AM »
      BTW, definitely sounds like a heat problem.  74 is too high.

joexderhaka

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 08:33:48 AM »
      so its mean that overheat causing my screen to freeze out..right?
      ok..i'll try it out to check my heat sink and tell u the result later..anyway..thanks for the comment.

joexderhaka

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 01:05:36 AM »
      hey guys..

I already check out my heat sink and it was seated properly.thanks again flip81.

Ok..i just install everest home edition and find out my Cpu temp was 36 celcius..but on my bios reading was 74 celcius...which one is correct?

Here is what everest's reading on my Pc temp:

Motherboard                      43 C
       CPU                                    36 C
       Aux                                     52 C
       WDC-WD800JD-75JNAO      37 C

it is lot of different btween 36 and 74..which CPU temp reading is correct...is it Bios or Everst?

The highest temp was 52 C for Aux..what is the normal temp for Aux?

And what device do Aux point for?is it my Ati graphic card or my other auxiliary device?

One thing i wired about is when i try to play my game.. the Aux temp starting to rise up from 50's to 90's..at the same time i also open my task manager to see any abnormal sign..i find out my game application using 98% or almost 100% of Cpu usage...as the Aux temp was rise up above 90's my PC suddenly shut down by it self but my floppy disk and 'power' indicator light still flashing..

Do u guys getting the situation of my PC problem yet?

i hope anybody out there can give any comment and suggestion...:P

The Saviour

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 01:17:11 AM »
      You definitely have a heat issue here...if playing the game makes the resources on the CPU jump up to the percentage you specified.

Since Everest is software based and the BIOS is sytem based...I'd pretty much rely on the readings you're receiving from the BIOS.

A suggestion would be to see what you can do about providing a little more ventilaton for your computer case...or you can check your motherboard specs for a CPU upgrade...if it's at all possible.

Just my opinion...

joexderhaka

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
      hey guy...thank u everyone...my Pc already work fine now..
      yeahh..it really heat issue..i just clean up my heat sink and everything that suppose to be clean up then i start back my pC and the temp was totally back to normal..thank god i can enjoy my game again now...

So for everybody who had the same cases with me, this is the solution of this problem.. ..hahaha!