Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ie7 problems after update.  (Read 3525 times)

wildthing423

ie7 problems after update.
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:03:56 AM »
Hi everyone,
I searched every where and found , litterally thousands of people with the same or similar problems as I am having now.

I am hoping that I can find some fix for this as I cannot afford to wipe the drive.

first, my system
200 gig hd
2 partitions  1 for setup which does not allow for a non destructive reinstall.
512 ram
newest JRE
win xp home sp2 updated
ie7[unfortunately] updated
win firewall with auto update supposedly disabled, i say this because it updated to the newest version of ie7 which caused these problems and it was not set to do so.
avg pro
edwido avg antispyware
spywareblaster
spyware guard
windows defender
none of these programs are set to auto search or clean

I work in education, and while I was at the open learn in a flash chat, my computer started slowing dow and getting choppy.  I immediately thought of , either spyware or something was downloading in the background.  But, I do not know what as I refuse to let anything update with out first knowing what it is.  D**n if windows update was not engaged.  I did not set it .  as a matter of fact after it was done, I checked and nothing was enabled to auto update.  no scheduling, nothing.  yet it did anyway.  But I declined to install.  I deleted this from my computer , so I thought.  went back to ms update and ran comprehensive and declined to update to the final version of ie7, as I have been hearing alot of people complain about java and hyperlinks and flash not playing afterwardswith no real fix.  I kept checking to not show this update again, well strangely it did it anyway.  seriously, no bs.  so now no hyperlinks will work, nothing created in or pointing to a java or flash movie will work.  I get a java error on the bottom left task pane.  or if a movie link, which is how we all put our lessons out on the net, I get a java movie remote call error.  I have rolled back to ie6, but nothing works still.  I reinstalled ie7 and nothing works.  I uninstalled flash/shockwave and reinstalled , nothing.  I used their shockwave / flash uninstaller and d-loaded the standalone shockwave/flash  full install from the desktop and nothing.  I have re-registered urlmon and other dlls and nothing.  I have not been able to find any viruses or malware, nor have most of the other people that have this problem.  coming here may be the only thing I can do. sometimes hyperlinks in general will work but not after I log off the net and log back on, they wont work anymore, here is a strange thing...I keep trying to ease the security settings to medium-low and ie7 wont let me.

Perhaps you guys here have some sort of help

Many thanks

Marcus

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
    Re: ie7 problems after update.
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 03:06:31 PM »
    Do you have the option of uninstalling IE7 from the Add/Remove Programs menu? Did IE7 get properly installed?