Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: download problem...........  (Read 5313 times)

puru

download problem...........
« on: September 14, 2007, 08:20:07 PM »
i tried to download file from college computer but the following messege come:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://worldlink.com.np/support/download/software/clamwin-0.87.1-setup.exe

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is Admin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Sat, 15 Sep 2007 02:08:27 GMT by "Work group here" (squid/2.6.STABLE5)

operating system is "WINDOWS XP"
what might be the problem................. & what might be the solution.....

i think i am loged in with limited account

spiderlucci

Re: download problem...........
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:32:46 PM »
Steps to cleanup IE browser:

1.Open an Internet Explorer Page.
2.Click on Tools and click on Internet Options.
3.Click on Delete cookies
4.Click on Delete files with a check mark on delete all offline content. 5.Click on Clear History. 6.Click on the Security tab and click on Default Level. 7.Click on the Programs tab and click on Reset Web Settings (Uncheck the option for resetting the home page). 8.Click on the advanced tab and click on Restore Default and uncheck the box that says, "Enable third party browser extension (requires restart). 9.Restart the computer. 10.Again, Open an Internet Explorer Page. 11.Click on Tools and click on Internet Options. 12.Click on the Settings tab that is next to Delete files. 13.Click on View files 14.In the window "temporary Internet Files, Right click on each program file and choose delete (each should be removed individually). 15.Click on View Objects. 16.In the window "Downloaded Program Files, Right click on each program file and choose Remove (each should be removed individually). If you don't want to do this, then next option will be to call HP and ask them to do a non-destructive system recovery.

2.Try an online virus scan:

Go to www.housecall.anitvirus.com
Click on scan now, its free
Choose location, highlight 'united states', and click on GO
Put a check mark against 'my computer' and also put a check mark in 'autoclean' and then click on SCAN After completing the scan, try to delete the virus if any and restart the computer and try to open the application

let me know what happen.

good Luck!  ;D

Spider

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 03:12:29 AM »
is it safe spiderlucci?
because i don't believe in online scanning,sometimes they just a big liar....like when you scan they said you infected by bla bla2....but the fact isn't!

The Saviour

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 03:18:02 AM »
I really don't think it's a good idea posting a link within this forum to an executable unless we are aware of what this executable is and does...

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 03:40:24 AM »
see.....somebody do agree to me :)
carefull with what we dealing and just go with the trusted one ;)

spiderlucci

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »
Guys I do agree with you to a point... but, I know for a fact this site is good.
Microsoft and pc mag tells people to use it.

good Luck!
spider ;)

spiderlucci

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 11:43:22 AM »
I believe the new link is  http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

I have been using this for years .. not only for myself... also for the PC I have fix.

Note: donot download any free trial.

spider ;)

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
    kuszmania9999 and spiderlucci should re-read their posts as they are talking about different things.

Did you follow the suggestion puru?
    Access Denied.
    Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

spiderlucci

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 01:21:02 PM »
    hey Fed, some education you should know!
    yes you can wait on the phone for 20min to30min... or you can try it my way which, I have done in the pass for some of my friends including myself.
    They had a download problem too... for someone that knows about computers.. maybe you should change your name to rookie!
    yes it work!
    one more thing, you should leave kuszmania9999 alone.. all he was saying it wasn't safe to download anything if you never heard of.. replying to me.
     :P

spider
    « Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:55:36 PM by spiderlucci »

The Saviour

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »
    spiderlucci...

The correct username is Fed...not Fred.

You and kuszmania9999 are talking about wo different things and are not helping the original poster (OP) at all.  If anything, you're probably confusing him/her.

Please take your time when reading the posts to make sure you understand what the poster is having problems with...

Then, when replying to their post(s), please take the time to think about what you're trying to get across and then answer the post in a way everyone can understand...eliminating confusion and the language gap.

spiderlucci

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 02:31:14 PM »
    The Saviour  what are you talking about?
    is he not trying to download this link from his school or what?

I'm not being smart ... only to fed LOL ;D

I have done this in the pass when me and my friends where in school and the admin was taking for ever to answer the phone and ... all I did was clean EX.

BAM IT WORK.
    spider

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 03:09:47 PM »
      You just don't get it spiderlucci, take your time and read the thread again.

Is it safe, is what safe, the online scanner or the executable link of course, see I'm right or is it you who is right but then again you've done it all before so it must be ok but kuszmania9999 says something else.

I'll know you understand when you apologise but if you don't well.....
      some people you just can't help. :)

Are we having fun yet Saviour? :D

The Saviour

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »
      You just don't get it spiderlucci, take your time and read the thread again.

Is it safe, is what safe, the online scanner or the executable link of course, see I'm right or is it you who is right but then again you've done it all before so it must be ok but kuszmania9999 says something else.

I'll know you understand when you apologise but if you don't well.....
      some people you just can't help. :)

Are we having fun yet Saviour? :D

Of course we are, Fred...I mean, Fed.  :D

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 06:33:13 PM »
      spiderlucci...

The correct username is Fed...not Fred.

You and kuszmania9999 are talking about wo different things and are not helping the original poster (OP) at all.  If anything, you're probably confusing him/her.

Please take your time when reading the posts to make sure you understand what the poster is having problems with...

Then, when replying to their post(s), please take the time to think about what you're trying to get across and then answer the post in a way everyone can understand...eliminating confusion and the language gap.

I nominate this for Post of the Month...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

The Saviour

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »
      Tonight is Emmy night...

Where's my Emmy...where's my Emmy???