Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: burnt disks  (Read 7031 times)

Dianne

Re: burnt disks
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 05:06:37 AM »
Thanks Patio will certainly give your suggestion a go ( after grandson shows me how) I  tried using Typequick and Office 2000 over the weekend and both worked had to try one of the disks twice before it fired up but once it did no problem.

Dianne

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 05:04:30 AM »
Well made a right old mess of trying to download Isobuster[/u]. Clicked on it in Patios reply page appeared asking which mirror I wanted to download from had no idea what it meant but click mirror 4. Box appeared saying it was downloading from mirror 5 and saving in temp folder.After about eight minutes another box popped up saying Run or Don't run clicked Don't run. Was not asked where i wanted to save it. Now can't find it. Question is did I fluke a download and if so how do I retreive it and delete it Step by step instructions please. Will wait for help before attempting to download again which is what I should have done in the first place. Thanks again

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:42 AM »
http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

Click the first highlight that says Download.

You may want to save it to the desktop so you can find it...
Another method is copy the file name you see when it asks save or open then when the DLoad completes just find the file using search.
Where are your DLoads saved to normally ? ?
If you post which browser you use we can help you set that up...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dianne

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 07:07:28 AM »
I am very new to the internet, so far I have not Downloaded anything. I just use Google to find what  I want and hope it does the trick so far I've been lucky.  I was more worried that I did Download the programme and that I just couldn't find it but have searched all files and folders and come up negative.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 09:34:46 AM »
Follow the steps above again...it won't hurt anything having 2 DLoads on the machine.
When you find it just double-clik the file and follow the installation instructions.
Let us know.

Dianne

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 05:28:04 AM »
Followed your advice and tried another dload, box appeared instantly asking Run Save Cancel chose save. Isaved it to my documents,it is there but when Idouble click it I get another box saying  c:\documents & settings\--my name----\ my documents\ isobuster_eng is not a valid win 32 application Thank you for your patience.

Dianne

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 10:55:51 PM »
Managed to download Isobusters but wasn't quite game enough to keep clicking Next button was not sure exactly what it wanted me to do. Bit the bullet today and finally installed it. Result being it did not read burnt disc but was fine with original disc so problem is with burner as Patio explained. Will have it checked out, computer not very old so a bit disappionting to have a problem. Thank you again everyone

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 11:21:09 PM »
Sorry to hear it's the burner...
But if you are in the States i'd suggest newegg.com...
They have new DVD burners for about 40 bucks shipped...

Dianne

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 04:45:48 AM »
Just an up date. Did not have to replace burner. With help of isobuster am now able to use all but one disc this disc was written on in thick black texta and can be read from underside whether this is problem or not I don't know Dvd can read it but not my burner Am very happy with outcome, so a big thank you

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 06:57:50 AM »
That's good news Dianne and thanks for stopping back to let us know...