Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot un-install printer software!  (Read 2909 times)

anjjou72

Cannot un-install printer software!
« on: September 15, 2007, 11:18:17 AM »
Hi!

I have a Lexmark 1185 (all in one) printer that used to work fine on my Windows XP computer, but does not work at all on my new computer which has Windows Vista. In fact Vista does note even recognize it as being there. I loaded the software of course, not realizing that I needed a special Driver for the Vista. Being that the Vista does not recognize the software, I of course CANNOT un-install it to re do the process with the Vista Driver. Plain and simply, this is beyond frustrating because Vista will not allow me to uninstall this program!

Someone PLEASE help!!

The Saviour

Re: Cannot un-install printer software!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »
Welcome to the world of Vista...

anjjou72

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »
Gee thanks, that's reassuring! (haha!) Seriously though, how do I fix this? A professional perhaps? I know I've tried evrything to no avail...then again I don't know everything!

Thanks!

spiderlucci

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »
help is here..
in some cases, a program written for an earlier version of windows might install successfully but still not run well or at all. In such situations, the program compatibility wizard is your friend.

To run the program compatibility wizard, open programs in the control panel. Then, under programs and features, click use an older program with this version of windows.Then follow the step-by-step instructions.

or you can use system restore... after all you never uninstall the program yet!

did you?

goodluck! ;D
spider

anjjou72

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »
OMG Spider! That program compatibility thing did the trick! Thank you so much! My printer actually works again after me being completely frustrated with it since the end of June!

AWESOME! I can't thank you enough!!!

Angela
 ;D

spiderlucci

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
it makes me happy that your happy.
glad I can help ;)
spider