Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Log In Window Won't Go Away  (Read 2182 times)

Toboe

« on: October 09, 2007, 03:21:13 PM »
Thank you in advance for any help. I am using a Windows XP computer.

I have searched for this difficult question, but have not found it.

I am not even sure if it belongs here, so please be patient with me.

My computer, when it starts, gives me the basic dialog box asking for Name and Password. I decided one day I did not like that...No one else uses this computer. So I went into my Settings to change it from the Log In box to the Welcome Screen, which if the user does not have a password, simply brings you to your desktop. But when I clicked Change the Way Users Log On and Off, a diaologue box popped up, and it read, "Client Services for NetWare has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To use these features, you must uninstall Client Services for NetWare."

So I went into Services in my computer, right clicked on Client Services for NetWare, which was supposed to give me a Disable option. It did not. So, following my own computers instructions, I tried to delete the program. Still nothing. So, following my computers instructions again, I tried to Enable, than Disable, but when I tried, my computer told me this option was unavaliable. As in I can not disable or enable Client Services for NetWare.

So, my computer tells me I need to Disable this program, which can not be disabled, to get rid of my Log In dialogue box. This is a lot of trouble for saving 30 seconds, but I still wonder if this is a problem that could grow.

All in short, How do I turn off my Log In dialog box? And, What does Client Services for NetWare actually do?

Thank you for your thought and help.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Log In Window Won't Go Away
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 04:32:28 PM »
Double post...Topic Closed.
See your other post for replies and Welcome Aboard.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "