Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: websites in emails  (Read 3539 times)

jessiminica

Topic Starter

Starter

websites in emails
    « on: September 18, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »
    i've recieved emails which have a website in the message space.

if anyone could explain to me how to do this, i would be very appreciative ^^

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: websites in emails
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 07:11:29 AM »
    here's how to do it with most email programs:
    text the person will see as a link

check out the html help section to find out what else you can do Computer Hope HTML Help

jessiminica

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 05:03:51 AM »
      hmm... perhaps i should explain myself more clearly. i have seen emails which have the actual  website in the email, not just a link to it. It's as though the email is, for example, a tab in firefox. you can click links within the email and it will take you to the site still within the email.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »
      Oh, I see what you're wanting to do. How's your html skills?
      you could include an iframe in the html of the email and have the iframe linked to whatever webpage you want. However, most email providers block the iframe tag, or any other method of showing an external site in an email.
      The best thing to do is to just create one webpage for the email and have it open a new browser window when a link is clicked.
      Why are you wanting to do this?

jessiminica

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 04:03:29 PM »
        Wow, late reply O.O

I needed to do this as a friend of mine was having troubles opening sites that were not directly available, but also needed to do a few things online that were really important. tthe only site she could get to was her homepage - her email account. I tried to send a page via your method, but, as you said, her provider blocked it.

Thankyou though.