Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with IE 7 addon  (Read 3364 times)

Germund

Problems with IE 7 addon
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »
I have a Pentium 4, 1.8 Ghz, 720 Megs Ram computer, I use Windows XP SP2.

I recently tried to install the My Del.ecio.us addon to IE 7 and it has caused erros in IE now I am not sure how to fix it.  the file I downloaded was "del.icio.us buttons - 1.2.1 -fx.xpi"  It had good reviews on the addon site http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/category.aspx?bcatid=834&tabid=1/default.aspx (It is no longer in the reccomended downloads section,and I can't find it now), but wouldn't install properly, as it made IE 7 crash every time I tried to install it.

Now IE 7 runs sluggishly and when I exit the program I get two errror messages:

"The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b"

and

"Runtime error 217 at 02C6FD29"

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

elxr06

Re: Problems with IE 7 addon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »
xpi, I believe is for firefox extensions.

However, try disabling all add-ons in IE7 and try again to run it. If not working still, try going to the control panels option where you can add/remove programs and click on the IE7 item and repair it if that's available.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
If you get a FireFox extension to run properly on IE7 don't tell anyone and send a message to Microsoft in Redmond Washington...you could stand to get a financial windfall from this ...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Germund

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 01:57:46 PM »
Well, I started mucking around with disabling and enabling the addons, as elxr06 suggested, but I think my method was abit more chaotiic than intended, and the problem seems to be solved.  Thanks.

Bruce

elxr06

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:47:07 PM »
if your problem has been solved, then that is great  ;D