Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cursor Moves Oddly  (Read 2388 times)

Lip_Ring85

Cursor Moves Oddly
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »
Alright - I'm running Windows XP on a Toshiba Latitude C600/C500 (that's what it says on the bottom). I also have Avast! as virus protection. I don't have a mouse, I just use the touchpad. However, just today the cursor started behaving... oddly. Usually it works normally, but every once in awhile it will decide to scroll diagnally across the screen, usually down & to the left. It will also do this whenever I right-click. It will stay down in the corner for around 30 seconds, and then it will work normally again. My hands and the touchpad are both clean. Any help?

syphon101

Re: Cursor Moves Oddly
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »
Maybe internal damage to the touch pad itself ? I hate touch pads myself. I'd go get a mouse :)

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
    « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:48:47 PM »
    Do you have a mouse from another computer that you could test on there? I would recommend purchasing a mouse. You can get a good one for pretty cheap.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 08:23:59 AM »
    You could also try re-installing the Touchpad drivers...they will be on the Toshiba driver CD that came with the machine.
    I'm assuming that CD is lost cause everyone says that so travel to Toshiba's site and DLoad and install the drivers.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "