Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor goes full green for seconds during boot.  (Read 1906 times)

balaji_chettiar

Monitor goes full green for seconds during boot.
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »
My monitor goes full green for seconds and also flickers somewhat during boot.This problem persists for initial 10-15 minutes of booting, after that it's working fine.This problem started when i kept the monitor off for some 3-4 hours one night.Also i cannot set my screen resolution to 1024 by 768 after this problem, however i was able to set the same prior to this problem.When i tried to set a higher screen resolution it showed 'Out of Frequency' message.I have noticed that when i keep the monitor off for few minutes and turn it on, it starts with the same problem and takes its time to settle down.I tried to update the display driver, but the message appeared 'Cannot continue the hardware update wizard' The wizard could not find a better match for ur hardware than the software you currently have installed.
Details:
Windows XP SP-2
Intel P4 1.7Ghz
SDRAM 480mb
Display adapter:S3 Graphics Prosavageddr
Monitor-manufaturer:LG
Monitor-Model:StudioWorks 563N
Screen refresh rate displays a maximum of 85Hz and is set at the same.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Monitor goes full green for seconds during boot.
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 08:07:47 AM »
    Try another monitor.  If the problem goes away, it's your monitor.  If you still have the problem then it's the video card.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!