Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Does anyone have any game recommendations; I'm new to gaming!  (Read 4729 times)

GeraldPrunty

Does anyone have any game recommendations; I'm new to gaming!
« on: September 23, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »
Just wondering if there are any really good games that anyone would recommend? I've obv. heard of the most popular ones, but I'm brand new to PC gaming. My fav. XBOX 360 game is Elder Scrol 4: Oblivion, so if you know any games that are on par with that...?

kbm292

Intermediate

Re: Does anyone have any game recommendations; I'm new to gaming!
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:19:48 AM »
    So you are an RPG fan?  Well there are a multitude of games out there.  You could try World of Warcraft, if you want to pay a monthly fee to play.  You could try Guild Wars, which doesn't have a monthly fee.  There are also a couple of Final Fantasy games.

I would recommend this website to review the different games before buying one.

elxr06

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »
    Do you like sports games? Do you like first person shooting games? Do you like adventure games?

There are lots of good games within every topic. I personally like strategy games. I also like games based that have fantasy characters or historical characters that have good gameplay or storylines.

Or do you like MMO's, online multiplayer games like WoW?

overmind

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:20:45 AM »
      Well if your into the RPG area then I would certainly recommend anything produced by bioware / black isle - with the exception of neverwinter nights - the single player aspect is a little lacking in quality. Titles would be the Baldurs gate series (availble now in a single pack) and older title, but with about the best story ever written for the PC and a very interactive world - though its old now it is a true classic.

Richenstony

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »
      Battlefield 2142

Ghost recon advanced war fighter 2

Bioshock

Halo 2

Devil may cry 3

Battlefield 1942

F.E.A.R

Quake wars

:)

kbm292

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 12:16:44 PM »
        Gears of War is another good title.  As well as Call of Duty 3, which has an amazing online play.  Halo 3 as well.

Spero-T

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 05:45:40 AM »
        Call of duty 2

Fear

Battlefield 2

apple266

Intermediate

• Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:13 AM »
        Halo 3 is a great game for the 360 but you might not understand it if you haven't played the whole series.

Peregrin

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 10:12:19 AM »
          I think Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is a great game. It is an sciens fiction/fantasy adventure game. It is not recomended if you want intensive action. But if you want a good story with deep characters its perfect. And since it is about one year old and did not sell as well as it deserves, itīs not expensive at all.