Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Game junkies?  (Read 12275 times)

Mosqwik

Game junkies?
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:35:22 PM »
We guys spent a lot of time playing computer games. I'd rather say we sometimes can live in a computer world playing all day (and often night) long. I used to have a some kind of game addiction way back like a lot of my friends had. I remember those days than my parental units were telling me all the time 'what the heck are you playing these games all the time?, you'd better do something real - study, work, sport etc.'
Sure you can easy guess what I was against to stopping playing
I got even myopia that days because of PC games
Anyway many folks believe that to be a computers gamer is not better than to be a junkie, because often you can't stop playing and you can't live without it.
Do you encounter the same problem I had? Are your parents, girlfriends against your gaming?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Game junkies?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:42:39 PM »
I don't have a problem, no.
But, I also don't have a PC that can game right now.
When I did, and I will have it back soon, I wasn't addicted, although I did play a lot of games.
I still balanced gaming, study time, and family time though, and still read books or played football, etc.

Richenstony

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:25 PM »
I don't have a problem, no.
But, I also don't have a PC that can game right now.
When I did, and I will have it back soon, I wasn't addicted, although I did play a lot of games.
I still balanced gaming, study time, and family time though, and still read books or played football, etc.
Lies all lies ...  ;D ;D

Flightfanatic

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »
yea, i think i have that problem too! Mosqwik your not alone i this!   :)
I play Wolfenstein Enemy Terretory, and Counter Strike, last week i bought 3 energy drinks to get me through all night of playing wolfenstein. On average, i am on my computer 6 to 7 hours a day. Thats why i think i am a computer junkie! (and a gaming junkie!)

Richenstony

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 06:36:45 AM »
Im a game junkie i addecpt it though.....  ;D ;D

gamerx365

Adviser
  • Radda Radda!
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 06:43:17 AM »
yeah lol. I sometimes i forget that im not on the computer. Occasionally ill be sitting somewhere starring at some thing and the just hit something to keep the screensaver from coming up lol.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 02:37:25 AM »
I have to say I think I am. But not just to Games, it can be anything, Music to Games and forums...so basically...just a computer junkie :)

apple266

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »
I love Eve and it is more fun that my real life and I can't get to it anymore because It got too expensive. My mom was also confronting me about my problem and it was really annoying.

GX44

Hopeful
  • Never Stood A Chance!
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 08:54:54 AM »
Eve is awesome. Spent so much time on it not even doing much but the massiveness (even a word?) of it is insane.

I used to be an uber gamer but fell away from it past few years. Would say I'm just a casual gamer now. mainly on my 360 as well nowadays.

I remember the days though when I stayed in all weekend, getting about 3 hours sleep the whole weekend just to play games. I miss they days.
"Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"

ultimatum

Intermediate
    « Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 09:54:50 PM »
    Same here, as soon as I was introduced to Counter-Strike 1.5 it started. I played before school, I would come home for launch to play it, after school. Then I got to re-downloading Heroes of Might and Magic, myself and a friend of mine would spend weeks playing against each other day and night trying to beat each other this kept on going on for a while. I still played sports in school and outside of it but at one point I just lost that interested in playing games all the time, so now I would only play with my friends only like 4 times a month tops (Battlefield 1942, Counter-Strike: Source mainly). I had the addiction but I could control it.
    Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 11:47:16 PM »
    i hope i can stop!
    i'm begging developers to stop making games..please...... :'(
    my girldfriend said im addicted, do i ::)

JDan

Greenhorn
      « Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 12:25:08 AM »
      I think there is such a thing as playing too much. What I'm more interested in is the debate between whether or not playing MMOs is considered socializing...you are talking to people, real people. That means you have a life right?
      Est solarus oth mithas.

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
      « Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 12:43:29 AM »
      Yep, I just recently got addicted to StarCraft. I spend hours playing sinlge player, then twice as long play on Battle.net...

What a wonderful life I have.....

apple266

Intermediate

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 08:33:05 AM »
      I'm addicted to Eve online and I haven't been able to play for months and it's wearing my patience thin.

ultimatum

Intermediate
        « Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
        I think there is such a thing as playing too much. What I'm more interested in is the debate between whether or not playing MMOs is considered socializing...you are talking to people, real people. That means you have a life right?

I wouldn't call that a life since your interacting through a game and you're concentrated on the game not the people you play with. Your goal is achieve something with your character whatever it may be. Your friend and family don't realize your talking/playing with other people so to them you are addicted to games.
        Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!