Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not sure if a Norton or a network problem  (Read 2714 times)

rocky53

Not sure if a Norton or a network problem
« on: September 24, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »
Two days ago my daughter went to London do a work placement for a year. She is in a house that has Sky wireless broadband. She has accessed the net however she can't get on MSN messenger as she gets the following error message

'Norton Internet Security has blocked access to this restricted site. Blocked categories interact/mail to change this setting, the supervisor must remove this site restriction from the parental control section'

She did not have this restriction on prior to going to London when she was at Lincoln Uni does anyone know how you remove this so she can get on MSN messenger.  She has tried to change the settings but it says that it needs to done by the supervisor.  Anyone know how she can change this ??

Jonas Wauters

Adviser

• My Skatevids Check Signature
    Re: Not sure if a Norton or a network problem
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »
    It is her computer wright??
    Well it can also be blocked by the person who owns the wireless Internet.
    So ask him or boot into safe mode.
    When I safe mode you can get into the admin account and from there you can change the settings of the Norton Firewall.

Hopes this does the job.

Jonas ;)

rocky53

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:59:21 PM »
    This makes sense as she has been using the laptop with no problem for two years and suddenly when moving to London and using the Sky wireless broadband the PC suddenly starts acting like this

Jonas Wauters

Adviser

• My Skatevids Check Signature
      « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »
      Well so first go for the option to ask the owner.
      Let us know if that did the job.

Jonas ;)