Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Mal/DownLdr-O  (Read 3857 times)

coldplay87

Help! Mal/DownLdr-O
« on: October 17, 2007, 05:44:41 PM »
I currently have a Dell computer running on XP. I don't know much about computers at all so your help would be awesome! My antivirus is webroot spy sweeper and about 2 days ago I ran a sweep and this came up: Mal/DownLdr-O and the sweep listed it as behavioral? So I tried to quarantine it but the quarantine failed. This is the session log:

6:42 PM:   Informational: Virus infected file c:\be.tmp not cleaned.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 20 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 19 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 18 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 17 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 16 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 15 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 14 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 13 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 12 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 11 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 10 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 9 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 8 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 7 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 6 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 5 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 4 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 3 rounds of disinfection.
6:42 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 2 rounds of disinfection.
6:41 PM:   Informational: File c:\be.tmp still infected with virus Mal/DownLdr-O after 1 round of disinfection.
6:41 PM:   Quarantining All Traces: Mal/DownLdr-O
6:41 PM: Removal process initiated
6:26 PM: ApplicationMinimized - EXIT
6:26 PM: ApplicationMinimized - ENTER
5:16 PM: Traces Found: 1

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Help! Mal/DownLdr-O
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »
My antivirus is webroot spy sweeper
Webroot offers several products, and if you just have "Spy Sweeper", it's not an antivirus program. It's antispyware program.
Webroot offers also "Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware & Firewall", and then you do have antivirus program, and a firewall (available also separately).
Which one do you have, or rephrasing, do you have a real antivirus protection?