Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer help, weird problem  (Read 3534 times)

gcpommom

Printer help, weird problem
« on: September 17, 2007, 06:52:45 AM »
Hello.  I am really stumped here.  I work for a tutoring company that has an online tutoring service.  The worksheets have multiple choice setup where you click on a little circle next to the answer you want to choose. 
I need to print these worksheets at home, but when I do, the little circles do not show up.  I am the only tutor whose printer will not print the little circles.  I have no idea what the problem could be.  The circles show up in print preview.  The only time I have gotten them to print is when I emailed myself a worksheet, and printed from there.  Any suggestions?

Spero-T

Re: Printer help, weird problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:06:23 AM »
Try hiting ctrl + p rather than, printer friendly version.....

You could also try....

Hiting CtRl and A to highlight everything then Ctrl and C then open a word doc and hit Ctrl and v

then print it from there ! :D

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:22:58 AM »
To me, worksheet implies Microsoft Excel.  Is that what you're using for these tutoring worksheets? 

Spero-T

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 07:30:45 AM »
if it is excel, format --> Boarders and shading make sure there are clicked

gcpommom

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:39:30 AM »
Hi, thanks for replying.  I can't print them from Word, because the worksheet gets all messed up when you copy it over.  Ok. So I tried copying in to my spreadsheet program, and it looks good.  Let me try printing it....and YES, we have circles.  It will be time consuming to copy and paste every worksheet I have to print (I have 40 students), but I guess that is the only way it will work.  Thank you so much for your help, I never would have thought they used excel for this type of document.

gcpommom

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:42:08 AM »
"borders and shading-make sure they are clicked"  Where do I find this setting? 

Spero-T

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 07:47:10 AM »
Go to page set up, then the sheet tab there should be a we tick box show grid lines ...

soybean

Genius
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 07:52:39 AM »
if it is excel, format --> Boarders and shading make sure there are clicked
But, there seems to be no need for this.  He has said the circles print when he copies these worksheets into Excel.  So, what's the point of adding Boarders and shading into the procedure?

Spero-T

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 08:09:07 AM »
Soybean just dont you worry about.....

tick the box as i said above it should work for you....

soybean

Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 09:04:03 AM »
Oh, boy.   ::)  How about answering the question?

gcpommom

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 09:39:23 AM »
Thanks again.  Guess I was just hoping that I could just print straight from the webpage like the other tutors can.  I have been copying/pasting, and that is working.  I don't really have excel, but I have open office version of excel. 
This is a link to one of the website pages, if anyone has time, they can see if they can print straight from it. Maybe it's just me....
http://www.kwiznet.com/p/takeQuiz.php?ChapterID=2671&CurriculumID=26

soybean

Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 10:16:51 AM »
I can print straight from it, with the circles printed.  I'm using Canon BJC-3000 printer; it's 5 years or more old, as I recall.

I'm wondering whether this is a printer problem.  Have you experienced any other printing problems?  What printer do you have?  Do you know what kind of printers some of the other tutors are using? 

Did this tutoring involve a lot of printing?  Do you need to print all the answer sheets?  Here's an idea that might save some paper if keeping the answers in digital format would be acceptable.  You could install a PDF converter and "print" these worksheets to a PDF file that could keep on your hard drive and, if desired, print.  Some freeware is available but your usage may need to get paid version for commercial use; not sure about that.  Here's an example of a PDF product: http://home.earthlink.net/~dderolph/GRE_Test_Prepar.pdf

What do you think?

gcpommom

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »
Sorry, busy week!

Thank you for your replies. 

soybean-I have an HP PSC 1610 All in One printer that I bought used at a garage sale.  I've had little problems with it, it seems to work fine.  I think my boss uses a Canon.

I probably print only about 30-40 worksheets each week for my job, so not a tremendous amount.  Honestly, I have been assigning more essay work so that I don't have to print up these messed up worksheets!   
I don't print more than one answer sheet, if that, per set of worksheets.   I am building up a file of every answer sheet, so I really don't need more than one of each.

I will simply assume that my printer will not ever print those little circles!  I give up!  But thank you all again for your time, and your ideas.

Spero-T

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 02:15:28 AM »

tick the box as i said above it should work for you....

Sorry man did not mean to be so rude, patio is always atacking what i say...... Just very defencive