Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will there be such a game?  (Read 5058 times)

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

Will there be such a game?
    « on: December 03, 2007, 11:28:17 PM »
    Well. I was just wondering around and always has been thinking of a game that I would love to play. Well here is the thing. Do you guys think there will be a game made, where you will be able to actually conquer the world with actual armies and marching through actual map that takes some time to reach the other country or anything like that. Where you could choose any country and make advancements with it and then go into war.  Yes I know there are plenty of games similar like that but none of them are really fun. They are either turn taking or it's just has nothing to do with the world map. For example some games have this world map, well like civilization, but you have to take turns and it just... well I don't know how to explain it but it gets really boring.  The other maps have the conquering thing of the map but every time you want to conquer something you actually conquering the entire area not peace by peace, inch by inch.  And for every area you have different map. 
    I am pretty sure that the game of my dreams is going to be about 10 GB at least, but it would be so much fun to play. Well it's just my opinion though.

Wouldn't you guys agree.
    And since I started talking about what would my favorite game be, why don't you guys tell me what your favorite game would be.
    Thnx. I hope everything makes sence.

homer

Expert
      Re: Will there be such a game?
      « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »
      age of empires 3 is fairly close to what you described.

as for the perfect game...i guess it would be a mix of grand theft auto and halo 2. halo 2 gameplay with grand theft auto freedom, and the LARGE grand theft auto maps.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:05:08 PM »
      X-Com Apocalypse story & style + Faces of War gameplay

Heroes of Might and Magic + Warcraft III

The Journeyman Project Trilogy: A Complete Redo. Which will never happen since Presto went under and Tommy Yune won't release it to anyone else to carry on. Vigilant was supposed to carry on the series next year, but looks like that isn't gonna happen. Legal issues.

Tan_Za

Intermediate
      • Starcraft and C programming
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 02:31:47 AM »
        If what you want what you desire and nothing like that exists then why don't you learn how to make it your self. It would be easier than just sitting there and waiting for some one to make something when you can do it yourself. Thats what I did any way.

I suggest a good language to use would be C or C++.

The game of my dreams would have to be StarCraft 2 that is coming out soon. I really liked StarCraft the original and the expansion so I think that this one will be a whole lot better.

Good topic to talk about.

homer

Expert
          « Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
          If what you want what you desire and nothing like that exists then why don't you learn how to make it your self.

thats what i did  ;D, but not from scratch, i used to mod halo 2 to my hearts content. if i wanted a rocket launcher that looked like a tree and shot warthogs out, by golly i did it. ;D

YoMOMA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »
            Thanx Tan_Za.
            Well I was thinking on making the game myself but I have no idea how to use that C or C++. I am a beginner at doing html and I remember I tried to look on tutorial of C++ but I have no idea what they saying there hehe. And yea SC2 is an awesome game I can't wait for it to come out.

elxr06

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »
            maybe you try making an RPG game?

dairyman

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 07:18:52 PM »
            It's possible, but it would require a lot of memory and HDD space to run. Oh, and not to forget a good graphics card.

I agree with Tan_Za.
            C or C++ is much better if you want to start writing games.

mkensing

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »
              My favorite game would probably be something very similar to The World from the .hack series. The perfect game I've played would probably be pre-combat upgrade Star Wars Galaxies, the perfect game for me at the moment would be WoW. 

And I would love to learn how to do it myself, but I wouldn't know how to start.  :(

dairyman

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 12:14:49 AM »
              My favorite game would probably be something very similar to The World from the .hack series. The perfect game I've played would probably be pre-combat upgrade Star Wars Galaxies, the perfect game for me at the moment would be WoW. 

And I would love to learn how to do it myself, but I wouldn't know how to start.  :(

Don't be afraid to start small. The MSDN Library is a great place to learn a programming language.

elxr06

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 12:02:38 AM »
              Try finding something you like. C, C++, Java, Python, Assembly whatever and just work at it.  You'll soon find combinations that you will be able to put together to make some fun game come soon.

rasilun

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 02:47:02 PM »
                I know exactly what you are talking about. This is my dream game as well. There has been some games that came fairly close. I think the game is very possible but technology is still a little behind. You said it would take up 10GB? If we are on the same page, it would be more like 30GB and 4GB of memory (or something). WOW actually did a great job at creating their world. Lets put that into a more realistic non "cartoony" way and we are closer. Give it a few more years.  ;)