Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox error  (Read 3805 times)

Morpheus_13

Mozilla Firefox error
« on: September 29, 2007, 06:00:56 AM »
Hi,
this isn't a major prob so if you do know the answer thats great but no stress. i use Mozilla Firefox and every time i open the browser it comes up with a server connection problem page. i have reinstalled, changed home page (which is Google), it is just annoying to have to always refresh/ reptye address. anyways thanks for your help.
Morpheus_13

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Mozilla Firefox error
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 09:29:22 AM »
This problem cropped up for me a few months ago...is your google page customised ? ?
I.E. Weather...email....news etc ? ?
What i had to do was open FireFox ...set the default home page to none.
I then logged into my google homepage and went to Tools / Options and set the start page as current.
I logged off and re-booted and restarted FireFox and all was well.
I believe this is more of an issue on google's end as i also had problems with some of their page widgets i had setup prior.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

elxr06

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:34:43 PM »
Maybe you do not have internet connection before you load firefox.

I have broadband internet which is always on, but sometimes my computer's loading and I have to wait a minute or two for the computer to establish internet connection. If I load firefox before and it loads just before the internet connection is available, then it'll say server connection problem error. (server can't be found or something like that to my homepage).

But once my internet goes online, I can surf to any website that's working ... even google and my own homepage that I already set as default.

If that is not the case for you, maybe it's a problem with google.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 11:59:02 PM by elxr06 »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:39:10 PM »
Set your home page to "blank", and see, if it helps. You can always have Google on your bookmark toolbar, so it's just one click away.

kaigun

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »
    Maybe you do not have internet connection before you load firefox.

My kids do this all the time-get too impatient and try to open ff before the wireless card has connected.