Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer log-on  (Read 2693 times)

bigpaws

computer log-on
« on: October 02, 2007, 06:35:08 AM »
when logging onto windows i used too just press enter to go into the desktop. I changed the name and password today and cannot remember the user name. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

When I press enter now it says

this system could not log you in. make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in the password must be types using the correct case.

thanks,

bigpaws

Re: computer log-on
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »
do i need a back up cd of windows xp home to fix this problem and if so does it have to be the copy that came with the computer at the start when i bought it?

i have tried to logg in under guest but it says :

your account has been disabled. please see your system adminstrator...

please help..............

many thanks...

apple266

Intermediate

• Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »
try popping out the cmos battery that might work and won't erase any important memory, just time and date and stuff.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 02:41:31 PM »
try popping out the cmos battery that might work and won't erase any important memory, just time and date and stuff.

This will not work for a Windows password...if you are the Administrator on that machine you can try booting into safemode and make the changes in the Admin account.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

elxr06

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

This will not work for a Windows password...if you are the Administrator on that machine you can try booting into safemode and make the changes in the Admin account.

Try that or if not working, try the solution on from this link:
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

The Saviour

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »

This will not help since the username and password is Windows-based...referring to the CMOS battery method.

Since the OP forgot his username, as well, the link you provided will not help...unless he remembers his username.

patio's recommendation seems to be the ticket...

Try that or if not working, try the solution on from this link:
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm