Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Change text displayed on web page  (Read 4574 times)

Roy Shields

Change text displayed on web page
« on: December 12, 2004, 10:04:27 AM »
Hi,
I just reinstalled Windows XP and for some reason the way the texts on the web pages are displayed is different. Now, the texts are noticably thinner than before which makes it hard to read and irritates my eyes. I tried adjusting the text size and encoding but it can only enlarge the size of the characters - I only want the texts to be the same size but thicker. I also tried adjusting the dpi setting on Control Panel but it only changes the texts on menu bar but not the ones in the web page.
Is there anyway to fix this? ???

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Change text displayed on web page
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 11:33:03 AM »
    Sounds like your resolution is too high. On the display options, change your resolution (settings tab) to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.

If you're using a CRT monitor, go on the advanced button and look in monitor and adaptor (look in both) and change the refresh rate. Try 75Hz. This should make the monitor easier on the eyes.

You might need to use the controls on your monitor to fine tune horizontal and vertical size/positon etc after adjusting settings.
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 11:34:01 AM by Neil »

Roy Shields

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 11:54:54 AM »
    Thanks Neil for the help. The thing is that I use a laptop here and have a resolution of 1024 by 768 (96 DPI). I can adjust the DPI setting in Control Panel but that only works for the texts on menu bar but not on the web pages.

robertmillar

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 12:55:18 PM »
    If you're using Internet Explore, select: view, text and select the size you require.
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 12:55:50 PM by robertmillar »

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 03:08:47 PM »
      Does this only affect web pages?

Roy Shields

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 09:13:54 AM »
       I finally found out the way to fix this!!
      On the Appearance tab in Control Panel's Display Properties, set the text to Cleartype. Now the texts on my sceen has a clearer lines and better display resolution.
      Thanks so much for the help. ;D