Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cant view any sites or connect to any messengers  (Read 3290 times)

Jason

cant view any sites or connect to any messengers
« on: December 04, 2004, 10:18:01 PM »
Ok I installed ZoneAlarm Security Suite v5.1 on my aunts computer, and after i rebooted it would not let me view any sites or connect to any messengers so i unistalled ZA rebooted again and still it will not let me view any sites or connect to any messengers. So i called her DSL provider and he said that IE is the problem to call HP.

Does anyone no why i cant view any sites or connect to any messengers?

If IE was the problem would it stop the messengers from opening?

I went to network connections and it said that it is connected to the internet.

oh the OS is XP home

Can someone please help

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: cant view any sites or connect to any messenge
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 01:13:45 AM »
    Jason....I'm not entirely sure , but I think Zone Alarm may have caused your IE security options to be changed .......click tools / Internet options ......then click security tab .......then click the default level......then click apply and then ok.  Then go to tools/internet options ...then click the privacy tab and then click the default.....then apply and then ok ......Try it now hopefully you will be back to nornal..........or if all else fails....use the system restore feature and restore back to the day before you installed Zone Alarm .

Hope this helps .

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 01:14:20 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

Re: cant view any sites or connect to any messenge
    « Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 05:01:51 AM »
    You should configure ZA before running it. If you donot know what you are doing, refer to the tutorial and have the program run you through the settings.